Autistic dog

Looking for advice. I have an 8yr old dog that is potentially autistic and looking for advice. She's lovely and friendly, but sometimes I worry.

She seems to be under sensitive to touch, and needs constant stroking. However, this brings on a severe tail stimming episode.

She's over sensitive to sounds and doesn't like fireworks.

She never licks people - not even her lord and master! (That's me)

She can't feed herself. I have given her a tin of dog food yet she waits for me to open it.

She can't got to familiar places without supervision as she can't safely cross the road.

Socially, she is friendly but struggles to make friends. She wants to play with every animal but they run away laughing at her :( for example, we have a cat that hides and runs away when she sees her.)

She is socially unaware of certain behaviorus. She will happily fart in a room full of people and not be bothered. She has also eaten a full meal, then the contents of the cat litter tray, then puked, eaten the puke and puked again before walking off and leaving me to clean up - with guests.

Is there a test I can do? I think she qualifies for PIP but not sure what to do there Disappointed

Happy Monday Smiley

Parents
  • I am sure one of mine was autistic, I loved him to bits  because I could relate to him, sadly he passed away 2 years ago, everybody who met him said " oh Duke he's 'special'", he used to bark like mad at other dogs because he wanted to say hello but at the same time he was really fearful and would run off the minute they wanted to play, and not in a chase me kind of way either, he was always so over the top in the house as well and really hard work but when he passed I missed him so much I went back to the same rescue and said, ' I want another dog just like him, Duke, because I knew most NTs wouldn't want him and would find him Too much like hard work, and believe it or not I now have a greyhound who Im sure is dukies double and so not like a typical grey.

• I am sure one of mine was autistic, I loved him to bits  because I could relate to him, sadly he passed away 2 years ago, everybody who met him said " oh Duke he's 'special'", he used to bark like mad at other dogs because he wanted to say hello but at the same time he was really fearful and would run off the minute they wanted to play, and not in a chase me kind of way either, he was always so over the top in the house as well and really hard work but when he passed I missed him so much I went back to the same rescue and said, ' I want another dog just like him, Duke, because I knew most NTs wouldn't want him and would find him Too much like hard work, and believe it or not I now have a greyhound who Im sure is dukies double and so not like a typical grey.

Children
No Data