Artwork!

Just my cynical jokey take on modern tourism and the impact on our wild spaces...

Everest summit 1953 - Edmund Hillary and Tensing Norgay

Everest summit 2019

Anyone else got any artwork to post?

Parents
  • I discovered this artist quite by accident a few weeks ago.  She's just starting to get recognition after years of obscurity in which she almost gave up.

She describes herself as an artist of 'the almost gone'.  I was really taken by her images of the London I knew as a kid growing up - a London that no longer exists:

Doreen Fletcher

Here's one of hers.  Her images make me think of Edward Hopper, whose paintings - including the famous 'Nighthawks' - seemed to capture a very real sense of loneliness and dislocation in the ordinary and mundane.

• I discovered this artist quite by accident a few weeks ago.  She's just starting to get recognition after years of obscurity in which she almost gave up.

She describes herself as an artist of 'the almost gone'.  I was really taken by her images of the London I knew as a kid growing up - a London that no longer exists:

Doreen Fletcher

Here's one of hers.  Her images make me think of Edward Hopper, whose paintings - including the famous 'Nighthawks' - seemed to capture a very real sense of loneliness and dislocation in the ordinary and mundane.

Children
No Data