What type of craft/making do you like?

Hi all,

I was inspired by a thread yesterday about knitting, to start a craft or making thread to see what people on here like to craft or make. I like to bead/make jewellery, the type I make is sewn out of seed beads, into a variety of patterns. Included are some photos of my latest piece, a necklace which took 12 hours! Please feel free to share your craft/hobby and a picture of your latest/favourite make if you wish.

Parents
  • I also really like the colours used. Incidentally, the piece of beadwork that I've just started, I'm thinking of using a similar colour scheme. The main bead colour is teal but I'm thinking of throwing in some copper and maybe a little purple and green too!

• That sounds like a good colour combination for your necklace! Your necklaces look very professional by the way

• With my beading, it’s more of a case that I get bored of working on the same piece for weeks and weeks on end. For example, sometimes I make necklaces up in spiral peyote stitch. I love the effect I can get with this stitch especially if I use enough different colours and enough different sized beads. But it takes soooo loooong to get the complicated piece so I’m just doing the same stitch repeatedly for however many hours it takes. I don’t mind it for a while but I have my limits so usually, about half way through, I leave it and do something else for a bit, intending to go back and finish it at some point!

• Yeah I know that feeling, I have to have new ideas for the old pieces. 

• Thank you! This one was a relatively simple stitch. Some pieces take so many hours to complete! I have many half finished projects that I must get around to finishing at some point. Once a piece hits the 50 hour mark, I tend to lose interest!

• Thank you! This one was a relatively simple stitch. Some pieces take so many hours to complete! I have many half finished projects that I must get around to finishing at some point. Once a piece hits the 50 hour mark, I tend to lose interest!

Children
  • With my beading, it’s more of a case that I get bored of working on the same piece for weeks and weeks on end. For example, sometimes I make necklaces up in spiral peyote stitch. I love the effect I can get with this stitch especially if I use enough different colours and enough different sized beads. But it takes soooo loooong to get the complicated piece so I’m just doing the same stitch repeatedly for however many hours it takes. I don’t mind it for a while but I have my limits so usually, about half way through, I leave it and do something else for a bit, intending to go back and finish it at some point!

• Yeah I know that feeling, I have to have new ideas for the old pieces.