What book are you reading now?

I decided that I needed a new book to read and managed to find one on my bookshelf that I’d only half read so thought I’d finish it off: Tower, An epic History of the Tower of London by Nigel Jones. I just wondered what everyone else is reading at the moment? What does everyone else like to read?

Parents
  • I have just finished something the second part of a trilogy exploring anthropology and philosophy, purporting to demonstrste the immortality of consciousness. I was particularly interested when he started talking about the Minoans, but in fact these don't really get looked at that much. He's on Amazon under the moniker of Melampus. I thought he views on patriarchy and the Great Mother religions were a little old school though. 

I have Sapiens coming up, but now I have got a present from last year to read, a fantasy novel called The Vorrh. Supposedly very good ...

• I have just finished something the second part of a trilogy exploring anthropology and philosophy, purporting to demonstrste the immortality of consciousness. I was particularly interested when he started talking about the Minoans, but in fact these don't really get looked at that much. He's on Amazon under the moniker of Melampus. I thought he views on patriarchy and the Great Mother religions were a little old school though. 

I have Sapiens coming up, but now I have got a present from last year to read, a fantasy novel called The Vorrh. Supposedly very good ...

Children
  • The minoans sound interesting, I’d have been disappointed at only a short bit on them too! Sapiens sounds really good, I might have to have a look at that myself sometime. Are you interested in the history of humans? It’s probably good you’re reading a fantasy novel in between though, to give your brains break from the harder stuff.