Essays on autism

Thought I'd create a thread for essays and other long reads on autism. 

Here's an interesting essay by Katherine May, an author who was diagnosed autistic aged 38.

Autism from the Inside: https://aeon.co/amp/essays/the-autistic-view-of-the-world-is-not-the-neurotypical-cliche?__twitter_impression=true

Parents
  • Thanks for that, , it was a very well written and thoughtful read. It made me recall when I was first loaned a copy of the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime. I was first struck by the reviewer quotes on the cover; most of which were along the lines of; "wow, I so understand autism now after reading this" - and my immediate thought was; "how would they know that?". People mistake a believable characterisation for an accurate or representative one all too easily!

• Thanks for that, , it was a very well written and thoughtful read. It made me recall when I was first loaned a copy of the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime. I was first struck by the reviewer quotes on the cover; most of which were along the lines of; "wow, I so understand autism now after reading this" - and my immediate thought was; "how would they know that?". People mistake a believable characterisation for an accurate or representative one all too easily!

Children
No Data