Atos/WCA documentary's

Did anyone see the dispatches or panorama documentaries last week?

Very interesting to see Atos & DWP lies exposed, its a shame that most people won't care and allow Chris "Mengele" Grayling to get away with it.

Parents
  • Goatworshiper said:

My point being if you had all of that evidence when applying for IB you might have got on it? I completely accept that it absurd not to accept Crohns disease as being unfit to work.

That's just it - I wasn't unfit for work!

I also wasn't fit to be on JSA though.

And that was the whole problem with the old system - it was too black or white - you were either 'fit to actively seek work' or you were 'incapable of work' - I didn't fit into either of those boxes.

I'd say I was also not unfit for work when I applied for ESA, although the additional stress of being on JSA in the intervening time had made me much closer to not being fit for work.

However, after appeal, I was awarded ESA and, rightly, placed in the Work Related activity group.

It was only after that that I had my diagnosis of AS, so I think it had little bearing on either claims failure and success.

In fact the main difference the AS diagnosis has made has been for my eligibility for DLA.

I also applied for DLA after I first applied for ESA, and iirc, after I had won the appeal - and was turned down.

However I was sent ESA and DLA forms shortly after my AS diagnosis (because it was 6 months after the appeal), and this time was awarded lowest rate on both components of DLA.

It may have helped with ESA, granted, as I've not needed to appeal since the diagnosis.

• Goatworshiper said:

My point being if you had all of that evidence when applying for IB you might have got on it? I completely accept that it absurd not to accept Crohns disease as being unfit to work.

That's just it - I wasn't unfit for work!

I also wasn't fit to be on JSA though.

And that was the whole problem with the old system - it was too black or white - you were either 'fit to actively seek work' or you were 'incapable of work' - I didn't fit into either of those boxes.

I'd say I was also not unfit for work when I applied for ESA, although the additional stress of being on JSA in the intervening time had made me much closer to not being fit for work.

However, after appeal, I was awarded ESA and, rightly, placed in the Work Related activity group.

It was only after that that I had my diagnosis of AS, so I think it had little bearing on either claims failure and success.

In fact the main difference the AS diagnosis has made has been for my eligibility for DLA.

I also applied for DLA after I first applied for ESA, and iirc, after I had won the appeal - and was turned down.

However I was sent ESA and DLA forms shortly after my AS diagnosis (because it was 6 months after the appeal), and this time was awarded lowest rate on both components of DLA.

It may have helped with ESA, granted, as I've not needed to appeal since the diagnosis.

Children
No Data