Heavyweight jumpers

My adult son has a favourite pure wool heavyweight jumper which he placed in the tumble dryer and it's shrunk but he wears it daily as he feels comfirted by the weight and texture. The shop I bought it from has sadly closed.

I want to buy another but it has to be heavyweight. Lots of retailers have some which look heavy but turn out to be acrylic and lightweight. 

Does anyone have experience of suppliers who can supply truly heavyweight jumpers?

Thanks.

• I'm no fashionista but I think Arran jumpers are pretty asexual.  Agree EWM are not the cheapest but hopefully there's an element of "you get what you pay for?"  Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to ascertain that myself - not really my area.  I also remembered Nauticalia do some nice woollen jumpers for example:

Unisex Submariner Sweaters - https://www.nauticalia.com/clothing/mens-sweaters/unisex-submariner-sweaters92842/ (also in navy blue)

I don't know how they compare to EWM on price?  You can probably find them cheaper by searching for something that's not being sold by a "name" though?

As much as I love it, I'm not too good with a lot of wool stuff - I find it too scritchy for my skin :-(.  But Merino is good for me.  When my partner and I were in Glastonbury a few ago we both bought pairs of:

www.wyspinners.com/.../Winter Socks - Holly Berry

but in different colours, as house socks.  The blue-faced-Leicester wool (I think they also have a small amount of polyester in them) seem to be fine, and lovely and warm and comfy. 

• Edinburgh Woollen Mill has lovely arran jumpers for guys. They're not cheap (not mega expensive though for these sorts of things), but they are lovely and thick and 100% wool.

I covet their arran jumpers, but I don't think I can afford one. Once my Christmas knitting is done, I think my next project might be to knit myself one.

• Edinburgh Woollen mill often have the woollen Arran style jumpers.  Apparently they were beloved by 80s/90s geologists on field trips my O/H tells me :-).

• Always read the washing and drying instructions !  Many years ago we tumbled dried my father's new thermal underwear,  first time it was washed.and dried and it came out shrunken and ruined.

With jumpers it's usual to avoid tumble dryers.  my advice is wash during the summer so it can be dried outside.

Acrylic can be heavyweight.  I have an old cheap jumper from George from ASDA. It washes in a machine and dries faster than wool(although I still avoid tumble dryers).

Of you have the money, look in small independent shops in market towns.  In general just shop.around exploring places. You may come across a nice heavy jumper unexpectedly. 

I have several heavy jumpers, both wool and acrylic. 

• My husband and ai both bought brand new Norwegian jumpers on eBay - the ones that are very closely knitted with really heavy wool. Traditional Guernsey jumpers can also be very heavy. Hope you find something suitable. 

• Unfortunately I don't, my daughter loves heavy wool cardigans that's all she will wear for school I end up getting my mother to knit hers sorry