how to easily clear notifications?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to clear the notifications?

There are two in particular I am having trouble with. I want to still have the notifications, but have a way to easily clear them.

So there's the one at the top with the 16 on it, saying I have 16 unread notifications. I know I can make them disappear by clicking through each post from there. But is there a way, like you can in email, to select the ones you want and "mark them as read"?

I also can't seem to get the user mentions out of the way. I have gone into the thread and read the update, but it's still there....

Also, slightly out of topic. In a previous post that I myself made, I realised a typo and wanted to press edit, but accidentally pressed report as abusive, and it seemed to have sent a spam report out. But there doesn't seem to be anything I could do to undo the accidental button press...

Parents
  • I keep up with mine by looking st each notification, eventually..

currently mine go back to the 8th of October, and thier are 81 in total. I am not sure if that is the maximum it will keep,,, having been here over a year I would expect there to be many hundreds if it just kept them all.

The notification doesn’t always take me to the reply it points to. 

The site is slow, it has been slow since the improvements were made, just going from the main title to any post takes ages, replying to a post or thread is a no no. I gave up trying to write then post reply. I forget but after a good wait watching it struggle to upload I quickly select all they copy. . I then watch patiently to see if it will ever post my words up. Often it doesn’t, so now I hit refresh to clear my reply then paste my reply and hit send quickly, it seems to work that way.

email notifications are so very random,, my replies within the notification aren’t there, often leaving it out of context, each one says to lonewarrior! But they are not in reply to me, just part of the overall topic. 

And if I could post a picture I would. I will try but even that is random, sometimes it allows but then won’t even if the picture was posted once before, if it were file size then fine no worries, but to allow it once then refuse later is crazy. 

• Wouldn’t allow the picture,,

• So why allow this one????

arghhhh. 

Reply Children
No Data