Diagnosis of autism and theory of the cause

Hi everyone, 

My name is Ruby and I am currently taking part in an independent research project called an EPQ for a sixth form project. My question is, “which theories exist that attempt to explain the causes of Autism?”

I would like to gather research on what you believe the causes of autism are, and if there even are any

Parents
  • There are so many different presentations grouped together as autism, from barely noticeable to severely disabling. With that in mind, it's unlikely that there's one single cause for autism, though I'm sure genetics play a big part. I've never heard of anyone becoming autistic, though (or only from loony anti-vaxxers); it's something we're born with.

• There are so many different presentations grouped together as autism, from barely noticeable to severely disabling. With that in mind, it's unlikely that there's one single cause for autism, though I'm sure genetics play a big part. I've never heard of anyone becoming autistic, though (or only from loony anti-vaxxers); it's something we're born with.

Children
No Data