"It's like you are just a spectator in this thing": experiencing social life the 'Aspie' way

I found this article on a routine Google search using the search term 'Autism and anomie'.

It's ten years old now and may be a bit dated.  It also, perhaps, doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know.  It's 'academic', I'm afraid, so has the usual jargon.

Worth a read, though...

"It's like you are just a spectator in this thing"

I'd be interested to hear opinions...

Parents
  • Thanks for sharing!

Finally an explanation of 'taking things literally' which I figured was just for proverbs and the like, but that idea never seemed right :-)

And very recognisable what it is like in social settings. I usually get extremely clumsy physically, which I have now accepted as inevitable. I cannot even get on the bus without blundering in some way...

And that part about having to restart everything after having taken a 'break' - so recognisable.

Thanks again!

• Thanks for sharing!

Finally an explanation of 'taking things literally' which I figured was just for proverbs and the like, but that idea never seemed right :-)

And very recognisable what it is like in social settings. I usually get extremely clumsy physically, which I have now accepted as inevitable. I cannot even get on the bus without blundering in some way...

And that part about having to restart everything after having taken a 'break' - so recognisable.

Thanks again!

Children
No Data