Machines and engines

I've always loved machines and engines. 

I like a bit of nostalgia too. 

Here's a 1962 Twin Tub in action - I spent many happy hours in the company of a machine just like this as a child! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvs1aJ7ES60

Have you got a favourite machine or engine? 

• If so, please share it! 
Parents
  • I can't believe it took me this long to nominate: vintage Singer sewing machines. Wonderful things, properly built and will go on forever if you look after them. I inherited another one this weekend and spent a few happy hours on Sunday giving her an overhaul. She'd been in a shed for years but cleaned and correctly oiled up, she runs as sweet as you like now :-)

My everyday machine is a 1940 201K (best model they ever made), hand cranked, and I love it to bits. I would have 100 different ones if I had the space.

• I can't believe it took me this long to nominate: vintage Singer sewing machines. Wonderful things, properly built and will go on forever if you look after them. I inherited another one this weekend and spent a few happy hours on Sunday giving her an overhaul. She'd been in a shed for years but cleaned and correctly oiled up, she runs as sweet as you like now :-)

My everyday machine is a 1940 201K (best model they ever made), hand cranked, and I love it to bits. I would have 100 different ones if I had the space.

Children