Motorcycling

Purely out of curiosity, how many Bikers do we have in here?

Feel free to reply listing what your current/most recent steed is/was

Parents
  • I was more of a car man until I hit 24 and purchased a rather cheap ktm 450 exec supermoto passed my test and never looked back! currently have a ducati monster 696 in my opinion nothing matches the sound of an air cooled l twin  

• I rode one of the first Ducati's to have modern fuel injection - the Monster S4 - and it was snatchy as anything.  Almost impossible to ride round town.  Whilst I like the sound of the v-twins, the buzz you get from a revvy online 4 is something else imo

• I think the more modern monsters are abit smoother than the s4, lightweight hydraulic aptc clutch helps it a lot but there is a fine art to riding it smoothly it doesn't like low speeds in the wrong gear to lumpy but I find that more engaging  I have ridden a few 4cylinder bikes mainly 600's and agree they certainly outrev any twin but I have a prefrence for low down grunt over balls out revving. I have heard bigger 4 cylinders have both grunt and warp speed in high revs to much for me lol

• mine is a 900cc online 4.  She revs forever and anything above 6000rpm really is like watching the USS Enterprise go to Warp lol

Reply Children
No Data