Motorcycling

Purely out of curiosity, how many Bikers do we have in here?

Feel free to reply listing what your current/most recent steed is/was

Parents
  • Lady biker here, had bikes since 17 and still love them more than anything. A succession of Beemers, 250LC with a Stan Stephens stage 2 tune, now have the BMW I've owned since 18 (and done 115k miles on) and a gorgeous old Harley. The Beemer is nearly on the road again after a well-earned full rebuild (yes, I like tinkering with them too)

It rather surprised me when the psychologist who diagnosed me said many autistic people are alarmed by the sudden noise from bikes, due to sensory issues. I am the opposite - when surrounded by the chaos and din of Central London, the sound of a bike engine is the sound of sanity .... one of the few things I can relate too and instantly makes me more comfortable!

• I think that it is either in your blood, or it isn't.  There are those who use bikes purely as a means of transport (bike riders) and then there are those for whom it is simply a way of life (Bikers).  I fall firmly in the latter category, and it sound like you do too

• I think that it is either in your blood, or it isn't.  There are those who use bikes purely as a means of transport (bike riders) and then there are those for whom it is simply a way of life (Bikers).  I fall firmly in the latter category, and it sound like you do too

Children