Nightmares & insomnia

I suffer from the dual evil of nightmares and insomnia and need help.

For example, today I woke at 4am from a nightmare and I cannot fall asleep (insomnia).  I am also afraid to go back to sleep because in the past I have had nightmares following nightmares when I fall asleep after a short break.

With inadequate sleep I get up tired.  With nightmarish sleep I get up tired.

I don't have sleeping tablets at home as a precaution.  Because in my recent past I've attempted suicide by overdosing with tablets.

So I sit in bed.  Either reading , worrying or on the internet.

Any Help or advice is much appreciated!

Parents
  • I also have some strange recurring dreams.

Some dreams repeat themselves. Others carry on where they left off, weeks or months ago.

In one, I'm in a city centre on a very busy Saturday evening. It's very traditional maybe 1960s or 70s. Evening papers with latest editions are being sold with the football results..  it's often getting dark with light rain and everyone is very busy. The whole dream is very atmospheric.  I wake up before I get to where I'm going.

In another I'm in a contemporary large city with many shopping centres.  And I'm trying to get to the right one.

Often I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm in a panic and i have no idea where I am.

• I also have some strange recurring dreams.

Some dreams repeat themselves. Others carry on where they left off, weeks or months ago.

In one, I'm in a city centre on a very busy Saturday evening. It's very traditional maybe 1960s or 70s. Evening papers with latest editions are being sold with the football results..  it's often getting dark with light rain and everyone is very busy. The whole dream is very atmospheric.  I wake up before I get to where I'm going.

In another I'm in a contemporary large city with many shopping centres.  And I'm trying to get to the right one.

Often I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm in a panic and i have no idea where I am.

Children
No Data