NAS Forum - Brand update and maintenance.

Brand update and maintenance, 26 September - more details

..."more Details" links to information saying:

Brand and site maintenance - 26 September 2018
Owing to planned maintenance, this site will be unavailable overnight on 26 September, including the early hours of 27 September. We are doing two pieces of work:

Refreshing the design to reflect the National Autistic Society's new brand.
Updating the software to a new version. The main benefit to this should be improvements to the listing of messages in threads, and the flagging of new messages. We want to implement this in order to help with problems that users have reported

...The words "new brand" link to a (small) Page, here:
www.autism.org.uk/.../2018-09-13-changing.aspx

... いま, From myself: I begin this Thread because that is one of the things which I myself used to be most useful for, upon this Forum... But Now things are different and so I Post less (!). Also, However, not everyone notices the Main NAS message, and, also, WebPM says that "As ever, your feedback after the update is welcome." upon the following Thread:

community.autism.org.uk/.../82297

...Lastly from me, this next Link is actually the latest Thread for Posting "Strange" Things... but not many people remembered it...

community.autism.org.uk/.../

...That Thread contains many Links to other Threads which are for specific problems (Older Errors, Notifications, Ideas, Spam, Copybots, etc.).

In closing: All in all, Thanks NAS - especially Mr.WebPM. And Good Luck to all.

Parents
  • OH MY WORD,,,the colours are awful!...so intense,,,being dyslexic I have trouble with glaring back grounds and non prominent type face,,,,I see the back ground first not the letters,,, now I keep seeing bright blue! My eyes are aching and only been on a minute or too,,,

It has to change surely,,,?

was anyone consulted on here about the colour scheme? No! And yet it was discussed a long time ago when many found the darker purple to intense...

Also the main list! Threads I have not read are lighter in colour,,,once read they become bold,,that’s switched around,,,why? And not easy to see the subtle difference.

Not liking the colours,,,Are NAS going into the sunglasses industry?

And so the dark bright blue banner heading hurts my eyes, the boxes too(reply, related , hints and tips) arghhh!

then vote  up arrow in orange? To much use of purple mauve,,,and I happen to like both colours a great deal,, but on intense white and orange yuk,,,, off to rest my eyes I feel a headache coming in...

• OH MY WORD,,,the colours are awful!...so intense,,,being dyslexic I have trouble with glaring back grounds and non prominent type face,,,,I see the back ground first not the letters,,, now I keep seeing bright blue! My eyes are aching and only been on a minute or too,,,

It has to change surely,,,?

was anyone consulted on here about the colour scheme? No! And yet it was discussed a long time ago when many found the darker purple to intense...

Also the main list! Threads I have not read are lighter in colour,,,once read they become bold,,that’s switched around,,,why? And not easy to see the subtle difference.

Not liking the colours,,,Are NAS going into the sunglasses industry?

And so the dark bright blue banner heading hurts my eyes, the boxes too(reply, related , hints and tips) arghhh!

then vote  up arrow in orange? To much use of purple mauve,,,and I happen to like both colours a great deal,, but on intense white and orange yuk,,,, off to rest my eyes I feel a headache coming in...

Children
  • I also think the colours are really bright as well, especially the banner.

• I'm finding the new colour scheme rather vile myself, and I find bright backgrounds too intense; I much prefer light text on a dark background (there are sound optical reasons why this would be easier for anyone's eyesight, even if they don't have sensory and perceptual differences - a screen just isn't like a piece of paper, so there's no reason it should have to imitate one!)

I think it would be much better to have a simple style menu in the title bar, so that each of us can choose what suits us best - you can see a good example here on the Disability Rights UK site - three choices of colour scheme, three font sizes, and text-only display presented as simple buttons at the top of every page. Some internet browsers will let you invert the colours or use a "reader" mode, but this isn't always a good substitute, as their effects are often still dependent on the original colours, and zooming to read the text can leave banners, images etc. taking up too much of the page.

Given how many autistic people have light/colour sensitivities or are dyslexic, I think the NAS should prioritise this for any future updates; it matters far more to the usefulness of the site than a flashy new logo (am I the only one, or does anyone else expect James Bond to walk into the middle of it and point his gun at us!? Laughing)

• and it's very purple. Bring back the red!

• Little correction. I have replied to three posts,,, not all are darker font in the main headings? So random,,,

look at the three with my name and look back to the title,,,