Angry

Well I’ve just told my mother in law that I’ve been diagnosed and proceeded to inform her of some my issues of which one is lack of empathy to which she basically replied saying she wished she knew this before I married her daughter, insinuating she would of tried to stop it from happening. She then used the opportunity to attack me with the lack of task I do around the house(I’m currently living with in laws). Even though I’ve told her I struggle with social situations and don’t respond to aggression very well. I’m absolute fuming at this and now really don’t want to live here anymore but feel trapped as I have nowhere to go! 

• Pretty typical - It was insinuated that I shouldn't be allowed to visit my dying father-in-law in the hospice or be kept away from the funeral because of my AS (on the off-chance that I might say something they arbitrarily disapproved of).. The outlaws took it as an opportunity to be pretty hateful to anyone they had harboured a grudge or jealousy for. The narcissistic mother-in-law is insanely jealous of my successful wife (her own daughter???) so an easy way to try to hurt her daughter is to poke at me. It has been made very clear that 'I am not part of their family'.

I cannot interface to people like that so I'm ok with it all. We've never needed anything from them (they hate that) because the family is all about controlling and abuse.

• just what you need more stress

• yea i need to move out, aparently we’re all sitting down to talk tonight. So looking forward to that, not

• then it sounds like she's picking at you just for the sake of it i had a similar situation many years ago and just agreed with everything she said and just carried on as before but managed to get my own place asap when you're living in someone elses home it's horrible especially if they're pernifiky like she sounds bide your time and enjoy telling her where to go when you get your own place

• Yea the wife is on my side and regarding chore I work 10-12 hours Monday to fri so I do the dishwasher mostly everyday and sort out the stuff that her mum(who works part time) has left in the sink from her lunch. I know it’s her house and she can do what she wants, but wen she gets home after working 4 hours at 7pm she does *** all. It’s left to father in law the wife and I to do

• mother in laws are notorious for thinking there darling daughters or sons are too good for their partners the main thing is how does your partner feel does she support you against her mother ? as for tasks it is only fair you do your share