Invalidated insurance

Does the NAS know of any instances where failing to declare ASD has invalidated an insurance policy?

Parents
  • Who actually decides whether ASD affects your driving or not apart from a case when a doctor diagnoses a patient as unfit to drive?

• Who decides could be the person themselves: 'I think my condition is affecting my driving at night, or in heavy traffic' for example, or from what people who know you well think, or the GP or advice from a professional (eg Autism support worker).  The point is that you are given to believe you may be affected.  As with many of the conditions it is particularly vague and a bit o a minefield to navigate.

• Who decides could be the person themselves: 'I think my condition is affecting my driving at night, or in heavy traffic' for example, or from what people who know you well think, or the GP or advice from a professional (eg Autism support worker).  The point is that you are given to believe you may be affected.  As with many of the conditions it is particularly vague and a bit o a minefield to navigate.

Children