Provisional License

Hi there, our 16 year old son is waiting for his provisional license to come through from DVLA for his moped.  We completed a medical form.  It is taking weeks and my son is so anxious and angry and I am very worried about how he is trying to deal with the wait.  It is all he seems to think about at the moment.  He now seems to think he won't get the license but we have been reassuring him constantly.  He got  angry last night after I called the DVLA yesterday who are still waiting for medical form to be scanned onto their system.  It has been posted and faxed to them but they can't tell us if they have received it as nothing has been scanned on! Anyone experienced a long wait and how best did you deal with it?

Parents
  • DVLA always take ages. Everyone has had to wait. For as long as I can remember. 

(Licence for both car and motorcycles, owned several of both, in excess of 1000cc on two wheels. Never been stopped by the police, never had any points on licence). 

Tell your lad not to worry. 

If it later turns out there's some kind of issue in your case, cross the bridge when you come to it. 

• DVLA always take ages. Everyone has had to wait. For as long as I can remember. 

(Licence for both car and motorcycles, owned several of both, in excess of 1000cc on two wheels. Never been stopped by the police, never had any points on licence). 

Tell your lad not to worry. 

If it later turns out there's some kind of issue in your case, cross the bridge when you come to it. 

Children
No Data