More work problems

Continuing with my problems at work.

And the incidents that annoy me.

I work as a support worker with people having both physical & mental disabilities who exhibit challenging behaviour.  

Last week I got a severe reprimand from a senior support worker for using my smartphone at work.  I was checking the weather forecast on the BBC site.  A couple of hours later the same support worker was spending hours on her smartphone playing solitaire, while her colleague was on social websites.    I hate hypocrisy.

I still haven't been sacked.   But I am facing a formal disciplinary hearing in two weeks time, where one option is dismissal.

New charges against me include, that at one meeting I was moving about on a rotating chair playing with it.  I was actually stimming while under stress and trying to relax.

Smiley

Parents
  • At yesterday's hearing I was warned not to rant, go off topic or express opinions.  Just state the facts.  So I'll do the ranting here instead.

I was in a suitable job, supporting people with complex mental/physical disabilities.  Helping them to lead better lives.   Unfortunately I did not tick all the boxes of the essential skills needed to do the job independently.

I understood the needs of the clients and felt genuine empathy for their problems and difficulties.  Rather than just doing the job for the money as some of my colleagues.

I got along with half of my colleagues at work.  And managed to work with them as a team.  Unfortunately the other half were suspicious of me and my motives for working there.  I was even asked by someone if It was true that I was a spy for the management ?

Many of them felt that I didn't belong there.

I got off on the wrong foot with the management right from the start.  And it was downhill all the way.  Their mind was made up inside the first week that I should go.

As the old saying goes.  " You only get one chance to make a first impression"

I will save the anecdotes of some of the dodgy things that went on there for future posts.   I was warned by my support worker not to mention these at the hearing because it would sound like me whinging and whining.

• At yesterday's hearing I was warned not to rant, go off topic or express opinions.  Just state the facts.  So I'll do the ranting here instead.

I was in a suitable job, supporting people with complex mental/physical disabilities.  Helping them to lead better lives.   Unfortunately I did not tick all the boxes of the essential skills needed to do the job independently.

I understood the needs of the clients and felt genuine empathy for their problems and difficulties.  Rather than just doing the job for the money as some of my colleagues.

I got along with half of my colleagues at work.  And managed to work with them as a team.  Unfortunately the other half were suspicious of me and my motives for working there.  I was even asked by someone if It was true that I was a spy for the management ?

Many of them felt that I didn't belong there.

I got off on the wrong foot with the management right from the start.  And it was downhill all the way.  Their mind was made up inside the first week that I should go.

As the old saying goes.  " You only get one chance to make a first impression"

I will save the anecdotes of some of the dodgy things that went on there for future posts.   I was warned by my support worker not to mention these at the hearing because it would sound like me whinging and whining.

Children
No Data