Hills - Arranged Partly In Line With The Quadrants, Anyone?

Greetings Anyone (!). But I expect this to be a very short if not completely "dead" Thread... (Sorry it has likely nothing to do with Autism, though.)

Is there, near to where you live, a small HILL (covered with Grass)? And if you travel a bit, there is another small HILL... and if you travel further - either backwards or forwards, are there more Hills... and if mapped, then they extend upon a LINE OF HILLS...?

Every Hill is in a Grassy area: some may be fenced-off, others may have a Concrete/Iron Utility Cover on them (like Drain Covers or other types of Access), or some may even have "Play Areas for small children" half-heartedly built upon them. But they are always a little "Bump" at least Seven-Foot wide, in a Grassy Area. Councils seem not allowed to dig these up and/or build upon them, and they are always built around, over, or are fenced off.

I have read some things about "Ancient Long Barrows". But I cannot find information about them being in lines, Quadrants or "GPS" in relation to Hills... might anyone have any information? There may be Historical Significance, but I cannot find that either.

(I only begin this Thread now, because I remember it, and this is one of those things which I cannot find out more about anywhere, and if I ever had the chance to Post something upon a Public Internet Forum, then this was one of the questions I had.) Surely someone else has noticed these things apart from myself...?

Parents
  • Greetings again from this OP. As this Thread carried on, I thought I should answer again. CloudyMountains and LoneWarrior are most likely correct. This is London, after all. To follow a Ley Line or Historical things, is not difficult here, since the Conquerors would have lopped whacking great big CHURCHES on top of them, and those are in a line as well. I mentioned "Long Barrows" because I had no idea what these things were or why they were treated as if special. But I think my own question is answered, though... most of them are nothing so "mysterious"...

When it comes to History, Ley Lines, Barrows, and the great vast underground system (Sewage, War Shelters, Caverns, Reservoirs, whatever) under this City... any of those would indeed make up a massive Thread of their own. But again and now again I say - Thank You for all of the answers. (Had I the physical energy, all of this would still be a hobby to investigate further, for it is all highly fascinating. I mean it!)

• Greetings again from this OP. As this Thread carried on, I thought I should answer again. CloudyMountains and LoneWarrior are most likely correct. This is London, after all. To follow a Ley Line or Historical things, is not difficult here, since the Conquerors would have lopped whacking great big CHURCHES on top of them, and those are in a line as well. I mentioned "Long Barrows" because I had no idea what these things were or why they were treated as if special. But I think my own question is answered, though... most of them are nothing so "mysterious"...

When it comes to History, Ley Lines, Barrows, and the great vast underground system (Sewage, War Shelters, Caverns, Reservoirs, whatever) under this City... any of those would indeed make up a massive Thread of their own. But again and now again I say - Thank You for all of the answers. (Had I the physical energy, all of this would still be a hobby to investigate further, for it is all highly fascinating. I mean it!)

Children
No Data