Disney world

Hi everyone 

We are planning to take our 2 boys to Disney in Florida next year however we are somewhat apprehensive about how my son will manage. His sensory needs are quite high and he can become overwhelmed in these sorts of environments. I don’t want him to miss out and obviously want him to enjoy himself so just wondered if any of you have been and any tips on making the trip successful? 

Parents
  • I went last year, and took my two children (10 and 7 at the time - not AS).  At some parks, for example on the Harry Potter rides, we queued for about an hour and a half but there were lots of things to do / look at on the way, snaking through the queue.  Some rides however don't have this and so can be a bit boring waiting.  You can get fast passes on some rides which help, just book them in advance to make sure you get them for the days / times you want.  There are a lot of people, noise and colour there but it was fantastic.

• I went last year, and took my two children (10 and 7 at the time - not AS).  At some parks, for example on the Harry Potter rides, we queued for about an hour and a half but there were lots of things to do / look at on the way, snaking through the queue.  Some rides however don't have this and so can be a bit boring waiting.  You can get fast passes on some rides which help, just book them in advance to make sure you get them for the days / times you want.  There are a lot of people, noise and colour there but it was fantastic.

Children
No Data