Autism and aspergers Art to help

Hey i'm needing help from this community, Well your view on life to help me design art for people with Autism and aspergers. My background is i don't suffer from any of the above but my partner works  as a teacher of SEN with children with autism and various disabilities and it' struck a cord with me, and one way i want to help is in the form of my art. 

If you can answer my mini survey below.

• First question is can you describe your Autism or aspergers traits in the form of mark making (non literal way) so anything could be a dash, a line a dot, a shape or symbol.
  • Secondly whats a colour you feel related to and or in relation to the above marks.
  • Would art with a 3d element be of use, for example paintwork thats raised from the canvas?
Parents
  • Greetings, all. I see this (the word "Art"), and am drawn in like a Hoverfly to a Can of Raid... (!)

I do agree with Graham, and others... But I do wonder, "NAS38375" if you are trying to negotiate a minefield similar to this sort of thing:

http://testblog.axcis.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/2016/10/colour-code-your-classroom-and-make-it-more-autism-friendly/#sthash.8ACPhuJa.dpbs

Everyone is different, and no one symbol/texture/colour is favoured. However, just like EVERYONE ELSE, certain colours, shapes, symbols, or textures...can be taught or un-taught. Eg. Red for Danger, Circle for Infinite, or whatever... It is not clear-cut, and easy.

If you are working with (people) children, then take a look at whatever THEY like, individually, and incorporate that, individually... Nothing is "concrete".

...Despite this being written in haste, I hope this Post is at least a bit useful in some way...

• Ah great THIS! Thank you really appreciate your help. Yeah i can see how my post would have come across the wrong way. Just to clarify i really am not trying to say "of sock fits all" or people with said label can or cannot do this etc. This is a path i m passionate about learning more about since meeting my soulmate and her giving me her side of the story and experiences within teaching mainly kids with Autism (not labelling just don't know any other way to describe what i'm saying)

Yeah i suppose I'm looking for a varied and broad spectrum...at the moment not narrowing down to just one person as currently it wouldn't be sustainable for my situation. But regards to taking what individual people like and adding elements of what different people like into one piece of artwork is what my plan is. 

Great article as well...Yes definitely a mine field but a great read.

• Um... Thanks for Thanking me. Given that response, I do not know how much of a "beginner" you are, but I post, now that I recall, what I was originally thinking of:

https://www.autism.org.uk/16261

...This a NAS Page, about "Social Stories", with lots of other Links and stuff. It is kind of "Art" for people (children) who are and may not be, interested in or are good at Art, but features colour-coding and expressing and teaching/learning, and all that kind of "teacher-ish" stuff (!). And again I do not know if you have heard of it before, so I post the link anyway. With its lots of other Links. (I think that is all from me, about this now.)

• Um... Thanks for Thanking me. Given that response, I do not know how much of a "beginner" you are, but I post, now that I recall, what I was originally thinking of:

https://www.autism.org.uk/16261

...This a NAS Page, about "Social Stories", with lots of other Links and stuff. It is kind of "Art" for people (children) who are and may not be, interested in or are good at Art, but features colour-coding and expressing and teaching/learning, and all that kind of "teacher-ish" stuff (!). And again I do not know if you have heard of it before, so I post the link anyway. With its lots of other Links. (I think that is all from me, about this now.)

Children
No Data