Photo diary

Today on my walks I ended up in the village of Addingham.  A small prosperous place with a shop, several pubs and plenty of traditional cottages and posh new housing estates.

Cottages with what looks like a traditional telephone box.

But it is in fact one of the new free libraries that are springing up.  Where you can take a book and leave your own books 

The village church of course.

One of the people I spoke with.

Parks and cottages.

On the way home on this humid day, I took a bus which was full of people and it stank like a public toilet.

Parents
  • I go onto these photo walks to get out of a rut and make a break with past behaviour.

Also I identify what makes other people think I'm weird/autistic and I try to do the opposite.

In my youth I suffered a lot from depression and I often sat alone for hours/days/weeks in a dark bedroom with curtains closed.  Now I go out instead.

I'm trying to avoid ritualistic behaviour where one follows the same route or path repeatedly and has to complete the entire ritual.  My family life was insane !!!!!   And my father suffered from severe anxiety and rituals.  Such as going to the same local park and following the same route through it.  And he always tried to complete the whole route, with the family in tow.

On my walks I only have a rough idea where I intend to go. I tend to explore.   I change plans as I encounter new people or new sights.  Such as last Friday, when I was intending to visit small villages north of Harrogate, instead I joined the free tour of Harrogate itself.

• I go onto these photo walks to get out of a rut and make a break with past behaviour.

Also I identify what makes other people think I'm weird/autistic and I try to do the opposite.

In my youth I suffered a lot from depression and I often sat alone for hours/days/weeks in a dark bedroom with curtains closed.  Now I go out instead.

I'm trying to avoid ritualistic behaviour where one follows the same route or path repeatedly and has to complete the entire ritual.  My family life was insane !!!!!   And my father suffered from severe anxiety and rituals.  Such as going to the same local park and following the same route through it.  And he always tried to complete the whole route, with the family in tow.

On my walks I only have a rough idea where I intend to go. I tend to explore.   I change plans as I encounter new people or new sights.  Such as last Friday, when I was intending to visit small villages north of Harrogate, instead I joined the free tour of Harrogate itself.

Children
No Data