What interests you?

Hello, 

I'm new here and thought I'd try to get to know people by finding out more about you individually, if that's okay? 

So I'm really into animal behaviour. Having previously been a vet nurse it always fascinated me & was obviously a big part of my job so that was a bonus. As a result I have pets... currently 2 house rabbits and a lovely gerbil. 
I'm also into motorbikes... having grown up around them I just love to be around them & riding them. 

So what interests you?

Parents
  • I haven't posted on here for a while. I find the forum controls a little confusing sometimes. But overall I like the forum, and think both it and the NAS are pretty okay Grinning

This is a really cool thread. It's good to share what people like, and what interests them. Thinking about disability and life's stresses and strains can be a bit tedious and upsetting, and I can be a real complainer and belly-acher lol.

I notice some people like music. I like that too. I have always listened to a variety of genres, and really like baroque music, early music, and pop. You Tube is good for both watching and listening to music vids. I've been revisiting a lot of ska - the specials, bad manners, and reggae too. I've been listening to a lot of Jerry Williams (she's an amazing talent - I love the guitar and her song, Mother), and also Suzanne Vega.

I like messing about with musical instruments, especially folk and 'ethnic' or 'world music' ones. There is a music shop in the city near me, and I got a djembe there - an African drum, and also an mbira, which is a little, hand held harp with meta keys. I love them both, and have come up with some cute little ditties from time to time. I find it's a good way to relax and unwind.

Someone here is into bikes. That's good. I don't have a bike, but I see lads in my area razzing around on quads, scooters, and scramblers, and wish I could have a go with them. I think they're dead cool.

The nature photos are top too. I have a camera on my mobile phone, and I take pics of the local beauty spots and parks I walk around with my Dad. I take pics of lakes, monuments, swans and birds and such like. I almost got a pic of a deer once - but I wasn't quite quick enough. Perhaps I will be luckier next time.

I also like walking, and do lots and lots of this; antiques; and going round galleries and museums occasionally. I like films too, especially sci fi, horror and good period dramas.

I also talk my ass off, and like the sound of my own voice hehe 

Thanks for this thread 

• I haven't posted on here for a while. I find the forum controls a little confusing sometimes. But overall I like the forum, and think both it and the NAS are pretty okay Grinning

This is a really cool thread. It's good to share what people like, and what interests them. Thinking about disability and life's stresses and strains can be a bit tedious and upsetting, and I can be a real complainer and belly-acher lol.

I notice some people like music. I like that too. I have always listened to a variety of genres, and really like baroque music, early music, and pop. You Tube is good for both watching and listening to music vids. I've been revisiting a lot of ska - the specials, bad manners, and reggae too. I've been listening to a lot of Jerry Williams (she's an amazing talent - I love the guitar and her song, Mother), and also Suzanne Vega.

I like messing about with musical instruments, especially folk and 'ethnic' or 'world music' ones. There is a music shop in the city near me, and I got a djembe there - an African drum, and also an mbira, which is a little, hand held harp with meta keys. I love them both, and have come up with some cute little ditties from time to time. I find it's a good way to relax and unwind.

Someone here is into bikes. That's good. I don't have a bike, but I see lads in my area razzing around on quads, scooters, and scramblers, and wish I could have a go with them. I think they're dead cool.

The nature photos are top too. I have a camera on my mobile phone, and I take pics of the local beauty spots and parks I walk around with my Dad. I take pics of lakes, monuments, swans and birds and such like. I almost got a pic of a deer once - but I wasn't quite quick enough. Perhaps I will be luckier next time.

I also like walking, and do lots and lots of this; antiques; and going round galleries and museums occasionally. I like films too, especially sci fi, horror and good period dramas.

I also talk my ass off, and like the sound of my own voice hehe 

Thanks for this thread 

Children
No Data