Likes and care Rachael

I was bored and not happy here 

Parents
  • I am sure we all like you here.

We all care about you.

• We do... how are you California? 

• She has asIked me for a picture of myself.

I thought of just finding one of some anonymous person but then thought better of it.

Besides, my avatar, Brains, has certain similarities.  Others have said I look more like Parker. But does it really matter.  I am not after dating anyone on here, and I believe the anonymity here helps stop us judging people.  There have been beautiful, thoughtful posts here, and looks are only superficial.

And especially beware the hard-luck story. Someone who says they live in London might say they are trapped in Eastern Europe and ask for a substantial sum of money to get home as they have been roobed at gunpoint and had everything stolen.  I have seen this before.It remains to be seen.

• I found that during my time at secondary school, that if I got enough funny jokes, or at least those found to be funny by my bullies, it saved me from getting hit so much.

I was bullied at school.

I have never liked jokes. And I do not know how to tell them at all.

When I was bullied I simply stayed quiet.

I did everything I could to avoid the bullies physically. It took me a lot of energy and time. That was really stressful. I was extremely anxious.

• But, usually, do not join jokes and leave.

I found that during my time at secondary school, that if I got enough funny jokes, or at least those found to be funny by my bullies, it saved me from getting hit so much.

So amongst my serious reading requirements, joke books had to be included.

Some of the jokes though made little sense to me ~ but those who bullied me liked them, and that was what really mattered.

Of course when either they did not like the jokes, I could not explain them or I was not because of seizures in a fit state to recall or tell any jokes, things got heavy going again.

I did find though that by laughing (in sense of hysteric relief for me) with the gangs that bullied me, the psychological muscles for getting the point of jokes, developed. This was so in relation to jokes I did actually find amusing with good natured types ~ involving plays on words, ironic, contradictory, unusual and philosophical stuff in particular. 

• Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious myself in the same way, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realise that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

I am exactly the same.

Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realize  that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

But, usually, do not join jokes and leave.

• For me it is difficult to imagine other things in a silly way.

I am always serious.

Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious myself in the same way, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realise that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

• I was not telling you off Ellie. Not at all. Which perhaps goes to show how easily it is to be misinterpreted at times.

• It opens the chance to imagine other things in a silly way rather than one in a serious way.

For me it is difficult to imagine other things in a silly way.

I am always serious.

• Sorry California.. it was meant as a silly thing. I tend to use silliness to break tension or when stressed out. It is not meant to belittle or be cruel

Thank you for explaining.

For some reason, I do not see anything silly there at all.

• Sorry California.. it was meant as a silly thing. I tend to use silliness to break tension or when stressed out. It is not meant to belittle or be cruel

• Oh...

Why would someone do that?

It does not make sense to me.

It opens the chance to imagine other things in a silly way rather than one in a serious way.

• It is an 'image' joke ~ involving pitch-blackness and not as such being able to see anything but darkness, making it an 'ironic' joke meaning that there is no particular image despite describing one, so contrary to the expectation of there being one.

Oh...

• Yes, I also see my reflection but the picture's description says: ''Here’s one of you in bed, at night''.

It is an 'image' joke ~ involving pitch-blackness and not as such being able to see anything but darkness, making it an 'ironic' joke meaning that there is no particular image despite describing one, so contrary to the expectation of there being one.

• Sorry Ellie, it was not a reply to you at all, it just got put there in error.  It was meant to be on a more general tab, but hay ho, so these things happen.

My warning is not directed against Rachael either.  It is just a warning to be very wary of these things, I know how out of hand they can get through personal experience, and the person asking for money because they are stuck somewhere has certainly happened to me.  Although I am a bit naiive at times I was not taken in.

And I do think, in general terms, posting on a forum like this that someone is interested in dating is not a good idea.  A person posting a notice like that, if genuine, is certainly lending themselves liable to attracting someone with ulterior motives.  And misunderstandings could certainly happen so easily beteen a NT person saying they want to date an autistic person from the outset.  I am not after dating anyone, but if I was I would not target a neurotypical person at all. 

FAB Tin Tin (or perhaps you are more like Lady Penelope, sophisticated but with a hard edge!)

• I looked and saw four red dots no red lines but as I peered into the darkness and expanded the picture I saw mysterious character! It was only my reflection off the screen it frightened the life out of me,

Yes, I also see my reflection but the picture's description says: ''Here’s one of you in bed, at night''.

• I looked and saw four red dots no red lines but as I peered into the darkness and expanded the picture I saw mysterious character! It was only my reflection off the screen it frightened the life out of me,

• I like the one in the dark, he looks mysterious..! Hehe!

I cannot see anything meaningful in the dark one.

There are only four red lines and four red dots.

Reply Children
  • I found that during my time at secondary school, that if I got enough funny jokes, or at least those found to be funny by my bullies, it saved me from getting hit so much.

I was bullied at school.

I have never liked jokes. And I do not know how to tell them at all.

When I was bullied I simply stayed quiet.

I did everything I could to avoid the bullies physically. It took me a lot of energy and time. That was really stressful. I was extremely anxious.

• But, usually, do not join jokes and leave.

I found that during my time at secondary school, that if I got enough funny jokes, or at least those found to be funny by my bullies, it saved me from getting hit so much.

So amongst my serious reading requirements, joke books had to be included.

Some of the jokes though made little sense to me ~ but those who bullied me liked them, and that was what really mattered.

Of course when either they did not like the jokes, I could not explain them or I was not because of seizures in a fit state to recall or tell any jokes, things got heavy going again.

I did find though that by laughing (in sense of hysteric relief for me) with the gangs that bullied me, the psychological muscles for getting the point of jokes, developed. This was so in relation to jokes I did actually find amusing with good natured types ~ involving plays on words, ironic, contradictory, unusual and philosophical stuff in particular. 

• Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious myself in the same way, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realise that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

I am exactly the same.

Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realize  that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

But, usually, do not join jokes and leave.

• For me it is difficult to imagine other things in a silly way.

I am always serious.

Unless I know a joke is being made, I am serious myself in the same way, i.e. my concrete or literal sense of things rules out anything else, until I realise that an abstract or imaginative sense of things is required or taking place.

• It opens the chance to imagine other things in a silly way rather than one in a serious way.

For me it is difficult to imagine other things in a silly way.

I am always serious.

Thank you for explaining.

For some reason, I do not see anything silly there at all.

• Oh...

It opens the chance to imagine other things in a silly way rather than one in a serious way.

• It is an 'image' joke ~ involving pitch-blackness and not as such being able to see anything but darkness, making it an 'ironic' joke meaning that there is no particular image despite describing one, so contrary to the expectation of there being one.

Oh...

• Yes, I also see my reflection but the picture's description says: ''Here’s one of you in bed, at night''.

It is an 'image' joke ~ involving pitch-blackness and not as such being able to see anything but darkness, making it an 'ironic' joke meaning that there is no particular image despite describing one, so contrary to the expectation of there being one.

Yes, I also see my reflection but the picture's description says: ''Here’s one of you in bed, at night''.

• I like the one in the dark, he looks mysterious..! Hehe!

I cannot see anything meaningful in the dark one.

There are only four red lines and four red dots.