Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • Glad Tidings, and this is to Miss Endymion. You began this Thread, and so in order to Post upon it, I must "reply" to you, I apologise...!

My following Post is a long one which you might not follow/understand, due to (fortunately) not being party to the whole business. To yourself and any who may read, all of this was back in April, yet is still present. Only a few may understand it. I do not intend to explain it further, it is difficult to follow, and, well, it was nice knowing all of you...

• Glad Tidings to whomever may read. However, this post is one of the last which I have put off for a long time, and so may not make sense to anyone unless they had been following it at the time, back in April. (Anyone may try to follow it now, but it is very complex, and spread over SIX different Threads!)

I shall refer to R** as "TP" ("That person") in this post. Reasons may become clear later. I wanted to explain my behaviour at the time, while I still have some good reputation left (!), and before it is forgotten, and before I must leave due to hot weather.

In short:
    TP was posting very suspiciously, and seemed to be "stalking" a certain User (California). Once TP replied to others and then myself, I decided to try to divert this onto myself, for I cannot be "attacked" or "spammed" due to the way my devices work.
    The reason I wrote things which I wrote, was because TP only seemed to respond to VERY short/simple words, sentences, and phrases. I am not used to speaking in this manner, and so I used the words "funny, cute, kittens, fluffy, like" ...& such... a lot.
    TP responded positively at points, and even at last posted a list of their own "interests". However it was getting late, and so I posted the "Jabberwocky" Poem to end the "chat" for that night.
    The next day... a lot of other Posts are there, of course, from other persons. This confuses what I was curious about, and even NAS posts a "warning". Because of all of this, I do not reply again, yet still watch TP. People try to engage, and converse, yet TP does not respond. I am told off for what I said, yet TP responds to no-one else, even as they are claiming defence of TP. NAS warns, yet still no response from TP.

...Eventually, TPs Threads are "forgotten", and this is what happens:
    At at around 21h, of April 9th:
    TP removes ALL of the starting Posts, to replace them with the text: "I was bored and not happy here" (sic).
    April 10: TP removes their "Avatar".
    April 10 (<>9 PM): TP blanks their entire Profile.
    April 11: Picture changed to a "Cup of Tea".

...No-One seems to notice any of this. By now I have thought of another approach -Pictures instead of words. TP constantly asked for information and for pictures, and so I decide to reciprocate...
    15.18h - I post a PICTURE to TP, because I seem not allowed to SPEAK..
    ...This gains good curiosity from California... but then "D.T." transcribes the words upon the picture, defeating the purpose of my posting that way. (a chatbot primarily checks words, not pictures.)
    Others then post pictures as well... yet all this gains yet another "warning" from NAS?

All of this I cannot follow, and so I do not Post upon these Threads again. And yet, to prove a final point...
    A later day... at 18.21h - ...I "Friend" TP. There are no words exchanged, the connection is instant. I cannot "friend" properly due to my devices, yet this successfully happened. And that is <> the end of the matter.

Now it is June, and since then, TP has posted like a "bookmark", upon some other Threads where people have been detailing their interests and habits. But despite persons saying that they are interested in TP... TP does not reply. (This may change if I post this, and depending upon how much "hate" I get?).
    This was a long Post, and I make no apology for it. I still stay away from the business, even though TP is also "following" me (it said so in my notifications). That is all for this Post.

• I do not remember any pictures.

...This gains good curiosity from California...

I do not remember this at all.

• That reply with the picture was missing when I checked the thread. I checked everywhere several times and could not see.

Now I could see.

Maybe the missing replies problem?

Reply Children
No Data