Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • Hi Endymion,you are not alone in your thoughts, I don’t fully understand how they work but have heard about them. I know what you mean and I prefer to give the  benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

I may end up looking foolish, I also have seen similar conversations by real people however. People who find it difficult to make conversation, those who are attempting to have a voice and start off very nervous until confidence is gained.

I shall keep an eye out to see.

I have colleagues who chat endlessly to cirri! A lot of what they ask is not very nice. 

Take care and thank you for raising this subject.

x()x

• Hi Endymion,you are not alone in your thoughts, I don’t fully understand how they work but have heard about them. I know what you mean and I prefer to give the  benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

I may end up looking foolish, I also have seen similar conversations by real people however. People who find it difficult to make conversation, those who are attempting to have a voice and start off very nervous until confidence is gained.

I shall keep an eye out to see.

I have colleagues who chat endlessly to cirri! A lot of what they ask is not very nice. 

Take care and thank you for raising this subject.

x()x

Children
  • I don’t fully understand how they work

I also do not know.

I prefer to give the  benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

This is also my approach.

Completely agree with this. I find it really difficult to make conversations. Maybe it is easier here but face to face is really difficult for me.

I do not like people like them. They are nightmares. Endless talking...