PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Parents
  • So updates and fixes have been applied this morning 20:03:2018, 

I have noticed despite checking my settings and all boxes are checked for receiving alerts be they at the top of screen or email .

I am now getting alerts at the top but opening them via that route invariably leads to issues as not all replies are always visible, even when opening embedded sections.

Also I have had no email alerts since 28:02:2018.

One more thing new is if I am NOT logged in I cannot see the green lights telling if someone is online or not?

it was always possible before the updates.

Also I am confused as to just were to post my comments as WebPM has moved things around, it may be justified but for me I struggle to understand. This was started to replace the very old long general problems with the forum post, zThank you Disallowed Cynisure very much.

Not convinced things are much better, different maybe, but still unstable. Oh and a picture I posted showing my aspie chart score did vanish after the update to stop it happening. 

• Also I have had no email alerts since 28:02:2018.

Because there is a separate thread on email alerts, I have replied there. The advantage of a separate thread is that it's easier to find for anyone else who may have a separate issue. I don't think there's any forum that has an ideal solution on this. However, I am regarding this current (forum problems) thread as being an overview, intended for looking at the situation as a whole. If there is a specific thread (as there are e.g. for pictures, messages and email notifications), I suggest that posting there is more helpful to others because it's easier to understand. In the same way, if another substantial issue develops, I suggest that a separate thread for that may be useful.

One of the issues we've had here is in understanding the discussions in complex threads. My experience of a number of different forum packages is that none work well if several conversations are going on at the same time, in the same thread. Generally, a Community will develop its own ethos as to when a new thread is needed, and senior members will suggest starting one when someone asks a related, but separate, question. These are my suggestions, but it is for you all to develop the way of working.

In an ideal world, I think we'd have a forum for user issues. However, on this version of the package, we have only five forums in total. A future upgrade is possible, but there would be implications for the charity's budget. Where I think the forum is valuable is when I look at all the other questions that are being asked in parallel to these discussions, and the way that they are answered. Many who post in this and related threads are involved in helping others by answering those posts.

• In an ideal world, I think we'd have a forum for user issues. However, on this version of the package, we have only five forums in total. A future upgrade is possible, but there would be implications for the charity's budget.

...EEEEEK!?!

...Sorry, Typo.

• I don't think this is exactly what you're asking for, and I imagine that you know this already. However, for the benefit of anyone else who may find it helpful, in your profile area you can see your Questions (the threads in which you have participated). There is a drop-down giving various alternative views.

Your contact details can be reviewed using My Account (on our WWW site as opposed to this Community site). That doesn't give a way to download, but it does allow you to review everything.

Regards

• I don't think this is exactly what you're asking for, and I imagine that you know this already. However, for the benefit of anyone else who may find it helpful, in your profile area you can see your Questions (the threads in which you have participated). There is a drop-down giving various alternative views.

Your contact details can be reviewed using My Account (on our WWW site as opposed to this Community site). That doesn't give a way to download, but it does allow you to review everything.

Regards

Children
No Data