PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Parents
  • Where are the e-mail notifications?

I am not getting them anymore at all. My notification settings are still the same.

• If email notifications are missing, please check your Spam/Junk folder. By their nature, forum messages are sent to numbers of people (everyone participating in the thread). This tends to make them look more like spam to your email provider, so there is a tendency for them to get mis-identified. You could try white-listing the address from which they are sent, which is "National Autistic Society - our Community <info@autism.org.uk>".

• I have had no email notifications since 11:02:2018, despite using the notify me button. I have checked both my junk folder and spam and only one email from last year from a completely different source.

Oh just saw WebPM has replied under my typed response.

I do not know what size my pictures are? I use an iPad, but I find it very strange that pictures I have posted before suddenly are no longer allowed?

Not being able to post pictures whilst in private messages has been an issue for a very long time now.

I happen to chat via PM  to a person who is very knowledgeable and highly qualified when it comes to all things IT. They say no matter how small they have made the image it still will not allow it?

I do appreciate all you are trying to do,,,but I am not very good at instability, sorry I get a bit annoyed at times, 

can I ask why the whole thread with the unauthorised request to join in with a research programme was suddenly deleted?

surely leaving it but without the link or specific details would allow others to see why they should indeed first seek permission. People had replied and it had started to be discussed,

We are quite understanding people, we communicate to allow exchange of views and to help others,  it seems apart from your kind self Things suddenly happen and no explanation given. Bad show that, we are not children,

I have had threads edited and no reason given, That’s another issue but not for here right now.

I wish you well with sorting this out but fear the software is cheap and poorly configured, buy cheap get cheap. Shame as other individually run sites don’t seem to get the same issues? This being the NATIONAL Autistic Society,,of this country is not sending out a very good message.

Resources may need to be thought about as this forum has grown and seems to be gathering more new members all the time.

Sorry for the long ramble and angst in my words, I really don’t mean to have a go at you but I am not in a good place right now mentally so have tried my best to be civil.

()

• I have had no email notifications since 11:02:2018, despite using the notify me button. I have checked both my junk folder and spam and only one email from last year from a completely different source.

Oh just saw WebPM has replied under my typed response.

I do not know what size my pictures are? I use an iPad, but I find it very strange that pictures I have posted before suddenly are no longer allowed?

Not being able to post pictures whilst in private messages has been an issue for a very long time now.

I happen to chat via PM  to a person who is very knowledgeable and highly qualified when it comes to all things IT. They say no matter how small they have made the image it still will not allow it?

I do appreciate all you are trying to do,,,but I am not very good at instability, sorry I get a bit annoyed at times, 

can I ask why the whole thread with the unauthorised request to join in with a research programme was suddenly deleted?

surely leaving it but without the link or specific details would allow others to see why they should indeed first seek permission. People had replied and it had started to be discussed,

We are quite understanding people, we communicate to allow exchange of views and to help others,  it seems apart from your kind self Things suddenly happen and no explanation given. Bad show that, we are not children,

I have had threads edited and no reason given, That’s another issue but not for here right now.

I wish you well with sorting this out but fear the software is cheap and poorly configured, buy cheap get cheap. Shame as other individually run sites don’t seem to get the same issues? This being the NATIONAL Autistic Society,,of this country is not sending out a very good message.

Resources may need to be thought about as this forum has grown and seems to be gathering more new members all the time.

Sorry for the long ramble and angst in my words, I really don’t mean to have a go at you but I am not in a good place right now mentally so have tried my best to be civil.

()

Children