dream power

i have a question for you all if you could have any super powers or gadgets what would it be and what would you do with it? mine would be sans powers (if you know who he is then good for you) and also the ability to take up any hobbies and learn everything about it with ease and i would have some fun but also help people with that power because "with great power comes great responsibility".

• If I had to choose a SuperPower, I'd choose China - or maybe USA at a pinch.

• I would be known as The Caped Prawn.

I would right wrongs from early morn.   Slight smile

• An hour!!!! I can be years sometimes JoyJoyJoy but yeah, it would be great to have those quick comebacks. My son and his girlfriend are both super quick and super funny with come backs. 

• Thanks Endymion, I like that. I love poetry but struggle with it sometimes but I often think it can tell us more than non poetry. 

• I think mine would be to have a really good comeback at the time I need it instead of an hour after the conversation has ended. 

• rough translation : 

Oh what a gift it would be to be given the power

To see ourselves as others see us!

It would free us from our many pretences and foolish ideas / ways of behaving:

such as how we dress and present ourselves, and the things we pretend are important! 

So really Former Member, pretty much what you said  ;-)  

• In the sense I'm using it it means the power to do anything you could imagine, create something, a planet a species, cure a disease etc. repair injury etc.

• I haven’t seen Star Trek but you are omnipotent and the world, galaxy and universe is your oyster, whatever that means, I think, I’m not really sure what that means but you are the master of your own world, unless you give that power and privilege to somebody else. 

• If you're a fan of Star Trek then it would be similar to being a Q, but without Patrick Stewart.

• You are omnipotent, how could you not be? 

• Mine would be to be omnipotent, that way the world, galaxy and universe is my oyster.

• I’ve been more interested in poetry of late and I have been to a Burns night but I can’t quite yet work out what he’s talking about in the above poem Point up tone3 I think I need an interpreter 

• The Scottish Bard, Robert Burns, said exactly that in his 1785 poem 'To A Louse' :

O wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us!

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion:

What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us, An' ev'n devotion!

• Only if you think it is, hypothetical that is. You have inside of you, and not even inside of you, you are the greatest power on this earth, therefore, you already have at your command, the greatest power on earth. Have fun. 

I’d like the power to freeze things, freeze situations and people or become invisible so I could observe people to my hearts content. I would do it for fun. I just love observing human beings. 

• Yeah... but we're talking about a gadget or special power.  So that would be it for me.  I suppose, either way, it's hypotheticals, though.

• The only way to neutralise racist, sexist and homophobic prejudice in the human race is to take away its only power. The only power it has, the only chance of it’s survival is if people either agree with it or fight against it. Either way it doesn’t matter. They’re simply two sides of the same coin. Just because the majority of the population feed it, it doesn’t make it right or the right way to ensure it cannot survive. There is absolutely no aggression outside of ourselves. It simply doesn’t exist. 

• Nothing, really.  Except perhaps the ability to see what would have become of my life if I'd made different decisions at crucial stages.

Apart from that - the ability to neutralise racist, sexist and homophobic prejudice in the human race.  And greed.  And aggression.

• p.s. good question and good answer. 

• My super power would be, for every body that I set eyes upon, they will see themselves as I see them. And they in turn, would have the power to see all others in this same light and cause those people to have the power as well. To see ourselves in our own inate state, without all the labels, and judgements, and all the other words and thoughts that make a person more like a statue or an image, rather than a moving, evolving, indivual soul. And one by one we would all wake up to our own innate power, which dwarfs any super powers. So that knocks all super powers out of the ball park. But they’re handy to have along the way. 

If you want to experience ease in all you do, in all moments, not just some. Ask yourself repeatedly, in every waking hour, is there ease in what I’m doing now. Ask yourself, stop, and ask yourself. If there is. Good. Carry on. If there isn’t, stop, don’t do another thing until there is. Maybe you need to remove yourself from the situation. Maybe you need to touch something. I don’t know. Do whatever you need to do to be at ease. This mostly just requires us to not listen to our thoughts for a moment. Maybe concentrate on our breathe. And when you feel at ease, get on with the next moment, and ask yourself again. Ask yourself this question repeatedly throughout the day. All day every day and eventually, you suddenly find you become aware, without asking any questions, that you’re ‘not’ at ease, and the moment you become aware of that, you’re right back at ease again. And in that ease, you can do just about anything you could imagine.