Cooking nightmares

Warning. 

This will sound like an insane rant from a rambling drunk  autistic having a nightmare.

It's see strange how  antxieties (spelling ok ?) from the day enter our dreams and turn them into nightmares.  Imp

I am a poor cook and often buy ready made meals to microwave.

Yesterday, instead of buying a  complete meal for one. I decided to buy and cook the components separately.

In a cheap supermarket I saw cut price, cooked chicken slices and cut price sauce which included veg and spices.

I measured, washed and cooked my own rice.  (I hate the overpriced precooked packages of rice which just need microwave).

I read the chicken instructions carefully.  I'm terrified of getting food poisoning again.  It was pre cooked, cooled and packed in a vacuum.  Packaged in UK but sourced from Brazil. Why Brazil? I thought we had enough chickens here in the UK.

My anxiety levels went through the roof.  Is the meat safe am I going to get poisoning Nauseated face

Ate the whole meal and during the night my nightmares started.

I was shopping at two shops or was I running a shop ?  A rival had cheaper bacon because the had a cheaper source.  My shop burnt down or did it explode because of a chemical reaction in the food. INauseated faceot food from the new source, is it clean?  I don't know?  How did the shop explode/burn down? Which town was I in ?   What year is it?  Nauseated faceSmiling impJapanese ogre

Where am I?

Parents
  • I am a poor cook and often buy ready made meals to microwave.

I also have this problem.

I am extremely poor cook and I buy ready made meals to microvave.

I often eat unhealthy.

Do not know what to do with this.

• Part of my cooking ignorance is due to my mother, who had a cooking obsession.

She cooked everything from original indredients and spent most of her working life in restaurant kitchens.

She did all the cooking and food preparation at home and her attitude and reaction to other people in the kitchen was, get out, stop interfering, mind your own business etc.

• When I was a teenager, I worked part-time in a supermarket to earn a bit of pocket money. It was a very educational experience(!)

I very soon reached the point where I could not bring myself to eat any frozen food, because of the things I had seen. It took months before I could face anything like ice-cream.

I learned then that putting your food supply into the hands of others may not be a wise thing to do - but I still couldn't cook...

Do you have access to a slow cooker?

There are recipes like these where you just chuck everything in and let it get on with it: https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/25-dump-and-go-slow-cooker-recipes/

• When I was a teenager, I worked part-time in a supermarket to earn a bit of pocket money. It was a very educational experience(!)

I very soon reached the point where I could not bring myself to eat any frozen food, because of the things I had seen. It took months before I could face anything like ice-cream.

I learned then that putting your food supply into the hands of others may not be a wise thing to do - but I still couldn't cook...

Do you have access to a slow cooker?

There are recipes like these where you just chuck everything in and let it get on with it: https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/25-dump-and-go-slow-cooker-recipes/

Children
No Data