Tattoo instead of self harm

Hi

I don't know whether any of you have ever heard this but i was told instead of self harming to draw a butterfly where you want to hurt yourself and let it fade naturally to allow it to fly, well today i've gone all out and had my first tattoo on the inside of my right wrist. Yep, a butterfly. Allowing it to fly. And hopefully allowing me to be self harm free.

Anne.

• Im fancying getting a half sleeve with a depiction of a scapegoat. Expresses how I feel about society.

• i use to self harm i used to just let it bleed until my dad fixed the cuts only on my arms mental illness isn't the best of things in life.

• Well endowed with a full body piece of tribal style tattoos a super grade one cap cut hair cut, the natural endorphines and the focus and detachment required for a two hour session as well as the familliar adrenalin surge is all part of the process and offers a repeated opportunity to learn to understand and control these parts of how we function, these individual experiences are challenging and often overwhelming innitially long before you step over the threshold of the tattoo shop.

The frame work and culture tattooing represents is attractive as a cultural group and we are all painting our different statments out there for people to see or not as the case may be.

I consider mine to be similar to the warning colours of any animal, but the human ability to engage their animal recognition in my opinion has been severely damaged by the culture of imagination and a predetermined idea of acceptable base on a microcosm in time and history.

Self harm was a feature in my 20's to 30's but eventually I rationalised the deal and it is a component of my fearlessness, fatalism and indifference. I did punch out a window once just to be able to feel one time after spending several years rather numb, the scars are still there, the pain lasted for years and griped in the winter. just enough to remind me I am alive, not invisible. Mind you I have turned that into a skill component of my style of living or thinking at the least. I lived on the move and was living catch me if you can for decades.

self harm is catharsism at it most effective and in the world of work it our yourself, though a potentially lethal discovery can when controled and be a hand hold in the horrors of isolation. Horrified ? the terror of all that consumes us without a recognisable explanation bears little resemblance to what I generally see termed Horror or terror. 

I have establised more skills from gleaned information and discussions on torture, isolation, and war than any other sourse. A real survival in the face of adversity opportunity hidden in our culture of entertainment, common sense prevailing of course.

WB

One mans meat is another mans poison. I have been dining on the drips of lifes hemlock for a long time and my beginnig and threshold for all things is beyond the point where most people I have encountered end.

• Hey. Yeah i've got few piercings but kind of gone off them a bit if im honest. I too enjoyed the pain today, was weird cos usually im a wimp. :s

Wow drastic haircut then. Well done you.

Yes it's made me feel more focused on keeping my arms clear if poss.

Wanted the Autism awareness ribbon with butterfly that i found on google but it was a bit too involved for him cos i only wanted it small. But maybe next time! :)

• Hey Anne, I've not heard of that. However I've got a load of tattoos and I find the pain very addictive. I find it hugely uplifting (the same with body piercing too).

Hopefully it works for you, it seems logical in you have a point of focus on your body.

I shaved my head this week as I fancied a change (I had long hair below my chest), and all of my family reckon I'm a lot happier as tho a burdens been lifted. It wasnt the intention behind the haircut but it's a huge bonus, I feel strangely motivated.

Good luck and luck after you tattoo, get some bepanthen on it.