TouchScreen Users - An appeal, Dated February 2018.

Greetings from myself. With regards to Logging On, the Home Screen (of this Forum), I am asking anyone to simply answer "Yes" or "No" at the very least. Thank You kindly.

...After it has all finished loading, and when the text is not moving. To click upon a certain Thread, Title, User, Last Reply... any of that. Has anyone else noticed that it now instead jumps up or down onto another distant Thread?

e.g.-
First Thread

Second Thread

Third Thread

...upon tapping "Third Thread", what happens is that "First Thread" is opened.
Just like the recent troubles of Disappearing Posts (and Notifications which I would not know about, sorry)... I am wondering if this is a new Error which does not only happen to myself.
I expect this to be a very short Thread, and I shall take any lack of replies to mean that it is just my own old devices again...!
Thanks Much, to anyone reading this far, yet I am only asking about TouchScreen Devices (EReaders, SmartPhones, things which do not have a ScrollBar and/or WIMP-Cursor).

Parents
  • I've just tried it on one tablet and not been able to reproduce it. I have seen effects like that occasionally on tablet and phone apps in general, and it can be very annoying. I haven't seen it in particular on this forum, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

A possibility is that the process of the tablet "drawing" the page for you has not in fact finished, although it seems to have done so. Hence, you tap, and the home page redraws slightly as you do it, before immediately disappearing as the page changes to show the thread (which isn't the one you wanted, of course). That's what I've assumed when it has happened to me on those other apps.

So, I would ask whether you've seen anything similar to this when using your device with other apps, or other sites. For this reason, I am not sure whether there is an issue specifically with this site. However, if we can find a way to reproduce it, we will investigate.

Regards

• I've just tried it on one tablet and not been able to reproduce it. I have seen effects like that occasionally on tablet and phone apps in general, and it can be very annoying. I haven't seen it in particular on this forum, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

A possibility is that the process of the tablet "drawing" the page for you has not in fact finished, although it seems to have done so. Hence, you tap, and the home page redraws slightly as you do it, before immediately disappearing as the page changes to show the thread (which isn't the one you wanted, of course). That's what I've assumed when it has happened to me on those other apps.

So, I would ask whether you've seen anything similar to this when using your device with other apps, or other sites. For this reason, I am not sure whether there is an issue specifically with this site. However, if we can find a way to reproduce it, we will investigate.

Regards

Children
  • A possibility is that the process of the tablet "drawing" the page for you has not in fact finished, although it seems to have done so. Hence, you tap, and the home page redraws slightly as you do it, before immediately disappearing as the page changes to show the thread (which isn't the one you wanted, of course).

Glad Tidings, Mr. WebPM. 

It has been over a week, now, and, as I suspected... this is indeed a short Thread! And so I attempt this closure...

Thank you for your advice. As always. Sometimes I can leave my own EReader "still" for up to five minutes, yet it still does the same thing... so I know now that it is indeed to do with the age of my device and nothing to do with this site or with updating/refreshing.

Good Fortune to yourself, and 'Keep on keeping on', Mr. WebPM. (...first and foremost towards resolving the "disappearing Posts" business...)