The most difficult and troublesome school subjects for students with ASD

Has the NAS carried out any research into what the most difficult and troublesome subjects are in secondary schools for students with ASD, and why?

Parents
  • I hated languages, literature and art.

Sports were an absolute nightmare. I did everything I could to avoid Sports. This caused me so many problems. Including, extreme stress and anxiety. Finally, at some point I was exempt from Sports. That was a huge relief.

My favorite subjects were Algebra, Geometry, History, IT, Geography, Chemistry, Astronomy and Biology.

Languages, Literature, Art and Sports caused me a lot of problems and headaches.

I was struggling so much with Literature, Art and Sports.

I have almost zero interest in sports now.

Then the horrors of school changing rooms... I only ever attended the rooms once and I refused ever to go to them.

• I hated languages, literature and art.

Sports were an absolute nightmare. I did everything I could to avoid Sports. This caused me so many problems. Including, extreme stress and anxiety. Finally, at some point I was exempt from Sports. That was a huge relief.

My favorite subjects were Algebra, Geometry, History, IT, Geography, Chemistry, Astronomy and Biology.

Languages, Literature, Art and Sports caused me a lot of problems and headaches.

I was struggling so much with Literature, Art and Sports.

I have almost zero interest in sports now.

Then the horrors of school changing rooms... I only ever attended the rooms once and I refused ever to go to them.

Children
No Data