http://www.brainhe.com/#Holist

Apologies for the strange title! It is a link I found on a thread here from four years ago, Try as I might I could not get it to appear here, I tried many ways but with no success,?

It did however paste in the title box?

So just as mixed up as I am right now!

I am having what I call a foggy brain day?

My ability to convey myself is limited, I know what I want to say but articulating it is random at best, straying from the point, struggling to find the right words etc, I am really struggling to put this thread into any sort of order. Much editing,deleting,pausing to find the right words.

I have dyslexia in that my working memory is less than what I need!

I am trying to find a way to explain to the ill informed just what autism is, 

Today I had an experience at work, it was so hurtful, it was dismissive, ignorant, apparently I should not even speak about autism unless I have been diagnosed, The individual shouted at me “ my nephew is autistic so I know what autism is!,you haven’t got a clue so stop saying you are autistic until you can prove it!”. “So don’t even go there”!

It was unexpected and sudden, It was said with anger to me, I reacted by loudly stating “ Do not tell me who I am,You have no idea what my life has been, I will not be told by you who I am! You have not had to live fifty five years trying to fit in, I am autistic and you and all of the so called normal people do not understand me or anyone who has a different way of thinking to you.

I walked away as he continued shouting st me.

I felt denied to exhist, it hurt as I have known this man for many years, 

Anyway, I have been trying to come to terms with what he said?

I feel his nephew is probably seen by him as less than perfect, he probably feels protective of him? He may see his struggles and then looks at me who apparently has no issues and it must be like I am mocking him?

I felt angry, I felt wounded,I had tears, I felt so bad,  I was being told by someone loudly in front of many work colleagues I was not allowed to exhist, only if I could prove it . 

Sorry my mind is ,,,,,rambling, mixed up words, anyway make what you will of what I have posted, 

I had to try and get this out of my mind, 

It may not be a functioning site? But the lead page has much information which I found inspiring.

I found it on a four year old thread here. It was on a thread about adjustments at work.

Apologies for any confusion with my writing and thoughts this has been extremely difficult to do right now,

() http://www.brainhe.com/#Holist

• That's a really awful incident. I'm not surprised you found that upsetting. It's horrible being shouted at about anything, but about something so personal is even worse. That seems a very unprofessional thing to do at work as well. No-one has the right to say that to you, you know yourself better than anyone, so you don't have to prove anything. You're probably right, he knows a bit about Autism (a little knowledge being a dangerous thing of course) and can't see how it could apply to both his nephew and you because you are so practiced at using your coping strategies and mask at work. Hope that you have a better day today.

• Hope this works?

http://www.brainhe.com/#Holist

well 57 minutes and finally managed to add the link here, then able to copy it and place in the thread above?