072 101 108 108 111 032 087 111 114 108 100... with Optional 032 or 046.

There seems to be no other Thread (upon NAS) discussing this as a Topic, or Hobby, or its fancies... despite everyone who can read this actually doing it or using it. 

Parents
  • Very VERY Glad Tidings to all....

What I Post there, I leave there, and I dare not edit it. I just now typed in a proper, longer Post, yet was logged out and unable to copy or save it. The Link there is back to Mr.DongFeng5, and was the one main reason for myself beginning this Thread... Yet now I see what everyone discusses about this Forum being "glitchy".

This is, so far, a short Thread. And the Link is to a part of a very long Thread. Yet... both Threads (that one and this one) are "glitchy"...? Bad, bad, very bad... 

Despite that... Happy New Years to all who may read...!

• Happy New Year to you too, , and indeed to everyone else.

Hopefully my contributions have been received in the spirit I intended. I aim not to patronise, but merely assist those who are interested or curious, to the limited extent that I am able. The number one rule is of course, "there is no magic".

I do get satisfaction from helping to point someone in the right direction, then seeing what they go on to achieve themselves.

If I have done a lousy job of trying to explain something, please do feel free to ask.

Software does strike me as a pretty obvious potential career for those of us who are fortunate enough to be HFA. If you like working with logic puzzles, something like Python is pretty approachable, and marketable in terms of employment opportunities. Python is not just for Raspberry Pi boards - it is also used in avenues as diverse as https://www.python.org/about/success/#government.

UK software outfits are unable to currently meet their demands from within the UK workforce, and with the current political climate, it may be more difficult to recruit from the EU nations...

All the best in 2018.

• Happy New Year to you too, , and indeed to everyone else.

Hopefully my contributions have been received in the spirit I intended. I aim not to patronise, but merely assist those who are interested or curious, to the limited extent that I am able. The number one rule is of course, "there is no magic".

I do get satisfaction from helping to point someone in the right direction, then seeing what they go on to achieve themselves.

If I have done a lousy job of trying to explain something, please do feel free to ask.

Software does strike me as a pretty obvious potential career for those of us who are fortunate enough to be HFA. If you like working with logic puzzles, something like Python is pretty approachable, and marketable in terms of employment opportunities. Python is not just for Raspberry Pi boards - it is also used in avenues as diverse as https://www.python.org/about/success/#government.

UK software outfits are unable to currently meet their demands from within the UK workforce, and with the current political climate, it may be more difficult to recruit from the EU nations...

All the best in 2018.

Children
  • (I raise my hand and wave it frantically!) I have something to say...?

ASCII is indeed my "Rock". But then, in life, (disallowed) I study Japanese. And so then know about UNICODE (ユニコード). And then... the fact is, all Machines are different, and that would be "Machine Code", which is specific to a device/company/range. And so, within a year, is likely to be made redundant...

This Thread, addresses all things computer-code-ery, I shall now admit. I myself, for instance, am an outdated device, knowing outdated Computer Code. Yet I know about "C", which is currently used by all devices in an "Embedded" manner. Yet all such "Jargon" is gobbledegook, to those who do not actually do such things, much like growing Crops or manufacturing Clothes... people use the end result, yet need not understand the processes involved... and that is perfectly alright because everyone has thier own Skill in something...

...Oops. This Post is long. (And a digression.) But I am a very BASIC person, not at all a REAL BASIC person. (!)

• You're welcome.

FWIW, the code that CPUs execute is something else entirely. We've just been talking about ASCII on this thread.

• Thank you for taking the time to try to explain what was going on with the code, can’t say I understand it totally but now I have some idea what it’s about.  Of course I was aware that computers run on code but had never seen it or really thought about it.  It all sounds very interesting, maybe one day I’ll have time to look into it.

At the moment I’m learning to read music and play bass guitar, how to properly use an iPad and various drawing programmes and how to use image manipulation software (not Photoshop) to turn my paintings into fabric designs so I’m all out of brain space. I live in hope of actually turning some of my talents into a small income and perhaps feeling like less of a non person.

A peaceful 2018 to all.