072 101 108 108 111 032 087 111 114 108 100... with Optional 032 or 046.

There seems to be no other Thread (upon NAS) discussing this as a Topic, or Hobby, or its fancies... despite everyone who can read this actually doing it or using it. 

Parents
  • 072 101 108 108 111 032 119 111 114 108 100 

032    046

040 068 101 097 114 032 068 067 032 116 104 097 110 107 032 121 111 117 032 102 111 114 032 115 116 097 114 116 105 110 103 032 116 104 105 115 032 116 104 114 101 097 100 046 013 010 073 116 032 109 097 121 032 103 105 118 101 032 104 117 109 111 117 114 032 116 111 032 116 104 111 115 101 032 116 104 097 116 032 117 110 100 101 114 115 116 097 110 100 044 105 116 032 109 097 121 032 099 097 117 115 101 032 099 111 110 099 101 114 110 032 116 111 032 116 104 111 115 101 032 119 104 111 032 100 111 032 110 111 116 044 097 115 032 115 112 111 116 116 121 032 116 111 114 116 111 105 115 101 032 104 097 115 032 115 097 105 100 032 115 104 101 032 102 101 108 116 032 105 110 116 105 109 105 100 097 116 101 100 046 041

Hello world .

(Dear DC thank you for starting this thread.
    It may give humour to those that understand,it may cause concern to those who do not,as spotty tortoise has said she felt intimidated.)

The numbers above refer to the text directly below it. A translation if you like.

Nothing sinister or to be intimidated about,sorry if it upsets.

The above string of three digit numerical character sets is in its most basic of terms is a language used by computers to function. It is written by humans as a set of commands to create what we use.

A bit like Morse code!

SOS     ... --- ...

we do happen to have many multi talented members who rarely get credit for the work they do, those who work with programming computer software and finding faults in its code that others may have put in by mistake. A very complex task which only knowledgeable and talented people excell  at.

we take using technologies for granted but hidden beneath all we can see is code, a language used by computers,thier are various types but this is maybe the oldest.

I only recently discovered it myself. It is I hope used on here as a kind of friendly exchange between any one who happens to understand it in a light hearted way to another.

I do not fully understand it myself. 

I saw it,wanted to know what it stood for and researched it, something I like to do.

sorry if it offends anyone that was never my intention.()x

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Thank you Lone. I am curious but my brain is spread very thin at the moment. Other half in hospital a lot. I am so lost and unhappy, it's been great to check back in here and read things I understand (apart from the code). Sorry if that's too off piste DC, I'm just very lost and not having been around I don't know where to join in. xx

• Argh was nearly finished my reply to spotty and it all vanished?

this site is becoming so unstable it is beyond belief, I am using an iPad tablet which is fairly new so I cannot blame it,therefore the site is rubbish it it ability to do what it promises.

Sorry spotty but just another glitch one of many on here.

I am really sorry to hear your OH is visiting hospital a lot....I am sorry I didn’t notice your presence sooner as I would have welcomed you back, There seems to be a lot of new members recently, not a problem if this site could actually cope, we get whole replies dissapering and  reappearing, 

Missy has been busy if late over the holiday period, not coming in here often, I am sure if she was about she would listen! Maybe try to PM her? I had a message just the other day,quite late and quite short,but a message.

ellie has had a lot of guests over Christmas according to what she wrote on the Christmas shout out thread, she visits when she can. Again another opertunity to talk. If you need to talk then feel free to friend request me, I know I am not one of the girls perse but I have a good listening ear and a heart.

please just jump in on any thread, any kind of etiquette seems to have been forgotten, it bothers me not as we are all free beings with free minds, so long as no one is rude or causes harm then fine by me,

I would very much like to offer a hug from me ellie and missy, oh and BlueRay she is very nice too, an amazing lady, so ()()()()( xxxx.

take care and don’t be all alone, you are much loved here by many.

• Argh was nearly finished my reply to spotty and it all vanished?

this site is becoming so unstable it is beyond belief, I am using an iPad tablet which is fairly new so I cannot blame it,therefore the site is rubbish it it ability to do what it promises.

Sorry spotty but just another glitch one of many on here.

I am really sorry to hear your OH is visiting hospital a lot....I am sorry I didn’t notice your presence sooner as I would have welcomed you back, There seems to be a lot of new members recently, not a problem if this site could actually cope, we get whole replies dissapering and  reappearing, 

Missy has been busy if late over the holiday period, not coming in here often, I am sure if she was about she would listen! Maybe try to PM her? I had a message just the other day,quite late and quite short,but a message.

ellie has had a lot of guests over Christmas according to what she wrote on the Christmas shout out thread, she visits when she can. Again another opertunity to talk. If you need to talk then feel free to friend request me, I know I am not one of the girls perse but I have a good listening ear and a heart.

please just jump in on any thread, any kind of etiquette seems to have been forgotten, it bothers me not as we are all free beings with free minds, so long as no one is rude or causes harm then fine by me,

I would very much like to offer a hug from me ellie and missy, oh and BlueRay she is very nice too, an amazing lady, so ()()()()( xxxx.

take care and don’t be all alone, you are much loved here by many.

Children
  • This reply is primarily to Mister DongFeng5:
    I Post two more (NAS) Links.

community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

... this is (apparently) "direct" to NAS. Be aware that it is VERY long by now.

community.autism.org.uk/.../autistic-people-on-the-n-a-s-internet-and-how-to-use-it-2

... this is a sort of Sequel to a Thread which some strange-and-almost-deleted person began (!), because their first Thread became too long.

To Mr. DongFeng5, unless I am mistaken, you are a newer member than myself...? Yet I have only been here 3 Months thus far, and have learnt much, with nervousness and harsh lessons...
    (I also Post the links to anyone reading this Thread who might be unaware of those other Threads. Both Threads contain a lot of different perspective (and problems).)
    To Mr.DongFeng5 again... have a look towards the end of both Threads, and you may see Replies Posted by someone called "WebPM"; he is often referred to as another NAS-Moderator, yet is very different. To answer certain curiosities concerning this Forum, there are some answers/clues... and you may have a go at trying to "Friend" WebPM... which I cannot do (I can't send Private Messages, E-Mail or such like)...
    I finish with a word of caution, perhaps. In deducing how this Site/Forum *actually* works, Please don't discuss it in public (i.e.- like this Post here is), or else NAS shall become VERY cross (i.e.- angry and delete all of us!)...

• My attempts at replying on the post I made just don't go through (found this post by looking through search). 

• To DC I was glad you were here with me, we proved something together,,,, we worked as a team,,,,we succeeded,,,thank you and I look forward to saying hello to you again.()

• You.

Are.

Awesome!

(I must try to keep this in memory! But it is difficult for me, and I was slightly daffy and daring and curious, and so I carried on...)

...and now there is a "new Posting".  Thus I may leave off from this, as you (Mister LoneWarrior) do.... It has been weird and excellent and my mind is in a bit of a whirl... and I wonder who else saw it, yet know that all computers record it, and as I say, despite myself, I shall worry much about it...

This is just who I am - I avoid stepping upon ants and worry much about saying "Hello" at times - ...and so I must see this Thread again after.... well, New Year, just now. Good Fortune to all who read.

• Hi I have proved my point and all is well. I shall report my findings to admin.

• I have edited my Post. I think this is close to being over, now, and so continue in linear fashion... perhaps....

• Hi this post is as an experiment,now completed thanks.

• Greetings! If this is an online experiment, then I have replied. See if you can edit that, and worry not if it deletes this reply here...

(I had thought that doing such things was indicitive of being a HACKER...!)

------------- 

This is now Altered, despite having been replied to. F Y I... I tried to delete it, but could not!

P.S. ... me, misunderstood again. When I meant "Hacker" I did not mean it in the same way as a "Troll" or "Malicious Hacker", or whatever they are called nowadays. Last I saw, was that a "Hacker" was simply (!) a person who knew how to Program, yet was not within Paid Employment. Or sometthing. I am one such person... and would never "Troll" anyone (another Thread topic there, for certain)...

• To try and give guidance I must say this site has developed a problem that did not exhist before it.

I recently discovered this and intend reporting it.

This has been part of a test and is now completed.

• (if posts I know I typed go missing, my first thought, given the evident "More | report as abusive" option, is that I have inadvertently managed to offend someone...)

...Greetings from me, just to reply as someone who early on came to this Forum and was nearly banned.... No, you are only a little bit wrong yet perhaps slightly correct: This Forum is "riddled", but "report as abusive" is not the main culprit... although "More" might be...!

• OK, fair enough. You can take that egg out your mouth now, then. Flushed

Apart from the inconsistencies between the desktop and mobile versions of the forums (no "Tools | Restore lost content" on the mobile version), I admit I am seeing posts disappear, then reappear later.

It feels (i.e. the merest of hunches, no proof whatsoever...) like maybe the forums are being run on top of a NoSQL back-end (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoSQL).

I don't have personal experience of such systems, but I note with horror the following from the aforementioned link:

"Many NoSQL stores compromise consistency (in the sense of the CAP theorem) in favor of availability, partition tolerance, and speed"

and:

"Instead, most NoSQL databases offer a concept of "eventual consistency" in which database changes are propagated to all nodes "eventually" (typically within milliseconds) so queries for data might not return updated data immediately or might result in reading data that is not accurate, a problem known as stale reads.[11] Additionally, some NoSQL systems may exhibit lost writes and other forms of data loss.[12]"

Personally, I'd have thought that consistent data was paramount for forums provided for individuals who are challenged by unexpected change, and really need things to work in a reliable and predictable way...

(if posts I know I typed go missing, my first thought, given the evident "More | report as abusive" option, is that I have inadvertently managed to offend someone...)

Of course, I could be completely wrong here. The forum platform might simply be riddled. ;)

• It is one of the glitchier forum platforms I have used. And I've moderated and administered a couple. A bit clanky, to say the least, but it usually recovers quite clickly. ;-)

• I am using an iPad tablet which is fairly new so I cannot blame it,therefore the site is rubbish it it ability to do what it promises

This could only be true if the software running on the iPad was perfect.

No software is perfect. Apple recently released a major update to its desktop operating systems with a glaring security hole which Should Not Have Happened (www.theregister.co.uk/.../). That recent event demonstrates quite well that just because something is new, it does not mean it is fit for purpose.

The issues being experienced by users of this forum may be related to the site, the particular device being used to access the forums, or perhaps an interaction between the two.