Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • Greetings, 'Qwerty'. (My devices are "old" (5 Years) and I wrote a much longer reply to your Post which now has decided to disappear...       >:(     )

To waffle a 'Yes' to your question, I Myself originally learnt how to play pokemon from the TV series and from Books. But The TV series teaches about TYPES and ATTACKS. And so I lost many battles, in Gold/Silver, not knowing why. But then I purchased Black, and I realised many things about LEVELS and EXPERIENCE. And, Now, as if to brag here, since Pokemon XY, I have never ever lost a Battle!

(I am posting this in two parts, else it may disappear!)

• I quite like the TV series! I don't play the video games since they are quite expensive... Disappointed

I think the TV series, Season 1 Episode 9 "The School of Hard Knocks" teaches about levels and experience too, Giselle's Rock-type Graveler defeats her Water-type Starmie because Graveler is at a higher level and has more experience. 

I quite like all the seasons before sun and moon, and I quite liked Ash's character development in XY where he's very helpful to others, encouraging, never giving up, and would risk his life to save Pokemon. Up to then, he seemed like a consistent character with some character growth along the way. But in sun and moon, it seems so different and discontinuous from the previous seasons. Firstly the drawing style completely changed. There are a lot of weird and over-exaggerated facial expressions. And it seems Ash is less mature. Pokemon Z moves seem too strong that it's unrealistic (a whole area can explode but the people and 
    Pokemon are still fine in the circumference of the attack). I still watch it for completeness, but am quite disappointed by the change (just my personal opinion...).

• Thanks for your support. 

By the way, have you thought to use an emulator to play Pokemon? You can do it on a computer. https://emulatoronline.com/games/pokemon/

• To Qwerty... With regards to the Animation Style changes in Pokemon... just to Support You FWIW... you are not the only one with that opinion and I agree also. I think that we just have to get used to it. (... the Animation Studio seems to have changed to those who did the "Digimon" Movies.) 

I just Post this in support. I do not intend to forget about this Thread... even if Nintendo seems to be okay with getting rid of Older Fans and Pokemon DS Players... (!)

• To Qwerty... With regards to the Animation Style changes in Pokemon... just to Support You FWIW... you are not the only one with that opinion and I agree also. I think that we just have to get used to it. (... the Animation Studio seems to have changed to those who did the "Digimon" Movies.) 

I just Post this in support. I do not intend to forget about this Thread... even if Nintendo seems to be okay with getting rid of Older Fans and Pokemon DS Players... (!)

Children