Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • Greetings, anyone. I am Posting this here, for all the good it may do. (I cannot EMail and this is <> my only "social media" Forum.) Anyone not interested in Pokemon can just ignore this, of course.
    For 2019 - and since 2018 - ...Pokemon has been said to share the "Core" game from the Nintendo DS to include also being upon the Nintendo Switch. This was alright... until 'Nintendo' began to moan and say that there will be no more "Core" Pokemon Games upon the DS anymore...
    Nintendo wrongly assumes that there is absolutely no difference between a device costing £70 - £150, and a device costing sometimes over £300...
    Excuse Me, but In order to enjoy Pokemon, We do NOT need extended videos of a Lycanrock dropping a Massive boulder upon a Caterpie, or a Primarina singing, or a "Black Hole Eclipse", or the like. These things can stay upon the large Consoles (The Switch)! If that is the reason for stopping DS Games, then it is a very lame excuse. Pokemon began upon handhelds, and not upon the NES/SuperNES. Please just give us a Game, and do not completely abandon those of us who cannot afford £200 extra...!!
    (I expect this (Thread) to be buried quickly again, but at least I said something... somewhere...       :-/      ...I do not Post often lately, not my fault... T'would Be nice if someone else understood and agreed, though... especially Nintendo themselves (!) ...)

• Nintendo are trying to market the Switch as a DS alternative, and a console. The 3DS is stiil releasing games, but I guess they are trying to make people jump over to the Switch with the Pokémon releases. Cynical stuff. I can see why you're peeved

Gary Oak probably has it on a console that hasn't even been released yet.Wink

Case in point......

He has 10 badges too. Gary M'Fkin Oak!

• "...Yo, Cloudy, Thanx - Smell Ya Later!" ...Is probably what I would say if I were Gary Oak, pfui...! 

...But I am Me, and, Goodness, Cloudy, you understand PKMN, as well as Tranformers and Top Gear/Dacia MotorCars...? Wowzas...  - R E S P E C T - to Thee from Myself, certainly.... (But I still do not stay online for long *sorry*...)

Nintendo are trying to market the Switch as a DS alternative, and a console.

...As you say this, in black and white (or whatever colours showing for this Thread)... I can believe it... I just did not *want* to belive it... *sniffle!*... I can understand why they do it - for it is for the MONEY. 

The only consle-lation I have left, is probably KIRBY...(!). Thank You so very much for that reply, but, well, don't worry about me, floundering in the wake of them drowning the DS... save yourself, save yourse-e-e-elf.... (!)

• Neek! Y-y-you too! I remember Gary used to be called Blue Oak in the first gen games. He was everywhere before me. I've not played Sun and Moon, but "battle tree" sounds stupid! What's the point of battling if you get no XP!

Yeah, Smash Bros. is just fighting, and fighting, and fighting, but it's done in such a surreal way, I think that's what keeps me coming back. I do have an unhealthy love of Street Fighter too though. At the moment Forza Horizon 4 is my poison of choice as to say. Lots of cars, but no Sandero, or Morris Marinas for that matter ;-) You can drive cars off cliffs, so a Marina would have had it's place! Mind you I can tune, and drive Group B Rallye cars, so not too shabby!

Yeah, I too don't own a smart phone, or want to, but I did have to get online with the gaming when SF4 was released. The Switch seems a strange one to me. Nintendo are catering to their core audience pretty well, but playing some of the third party stuff, they aren't doing well there!

Thank you for posting DC! May your Pokémon keep evolving!

• Neek! Y-y-you too! I remember Gary used to be called Blue Oak in the first gen games. He was everywhere before me. I've not played Sun and Moon, but "battle tree" sounds stupid! What's the point of battling if you get no XP!

Yeah, Smash Bros. is just fighting, and fighting, and fighting, but it's done in such a surreal way, I think that's what keeps me coming back. I do have an unhealthy love of Street Fighter too though. At the moment Forza Horizon 4 is my poison of choice as to say. Lots of cars, but no Sandero, or Morris Marinas for that matter ;-) You can drive cars off cliffs, so a Marina would have had it's place! Mind you I can tune, and drive Group B Rallye cars, so not too shabby!

Yeah, I too don't own a smart phone, or want to, but I did have to get online with the gaming when SF4 was released. The Switch seems a strange one to me. Nintendo are catering to their core audience pretty well, but playing some of the third party stuff, they aren't doing well there!

Thank you for posting DC! May your Pokémon keep evolving!

Children
No Data