The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • Awesome.... Not many autistic people are religious. I'm not at all but would love to debate it with you. 

I just can't logically believe there is a god/s. To me it makes no sense to create imperfect life by design. Unless god isn't perfect & punishing all mankind for Adam&Eve mistake is like punishing you for WW1 warcrimes. You are innocent and were not alive but it's your fault anyway.... 

I'm not challenging your faith, just don't understand how to believe. 

18! //

.. +-! 

• It all goes back to the adam and eve model in genesis. Adam and Eve are male and female created by design to reflect God in his image and who he is. So the angel called Lucifer or Satan chose to rebel and chose to take some buddies with him to work out their purposes on earth banished by god from heaven. Satan seduces Adam and eve so do their own thing in their own way for their own glory and purposes rather than live gods ways. We have inherited that system of choice and it defines humanity. We chose to rebel against what is Gods way and plan. No person is born innocent. Not even a baby. We have to actively chose to do good and follow god because we are now genetically flawed thanks to Adams choice.  So all the sin in the world is ultimately mans responsibility and fault. To consider god in who he is or anything about him is an act of faith. We have to chose to believe in the unseen and take him at his word or nothing. simply live our own created world order with our own chosen values and our own chosen outcomes. That ultimately results in spiritual and physical death.

There is no man generated logic that allows for the existence of god because outside of salvation there is no incentive to acknowledge god at all. Because that was the choice we have from adam. Unless you can accept a need for god or a desire to know him then there is no hope of relationship. God leaves the initiative to us to seek him unless you experience the impact of his spirit to connect then that that's it.

My experience was that god pursued me and I experienced conversion. Now I read mike parsons teaching on how to connect to god in a different way through tongues and other formats that complement my autistic nature. Worldly thinking and values are not designed to be autistic friendly. Knowing god inside of me helps me to find completeness security and hope. These values I have not detected in worldly systems or philosophies  or religions. Ultimately in god you earn or thrive for nothing. you just receive grace. unearned or merited favour and more relationship with God.

Religions give you a format of believe and a practice with other people they dont provide a solution to the fallen human condition. you need an active relationship to deal with that one. Hope this helps this is my picture of the answer to your of whether you should believe. The why is up to you. everyone needs to see god for themselves. Answer the question yourself.

• It all goes back to the adam and eve model in genesis. Adam and Eve are male and female created by design to reflect God in his image and who he is. So the angel called Lucifer or Satan chose to rebel and chose to take some buddies with him to work out their purposes on earth banished by god from heaven. Satan seduces Adam and eve so do their own thing in their own way for their own glory and purposes rather than live gods ways. We have inherited that system of choice and it defines humanity. We chose to rebel against what is Gods way and plan. No person is born innocent. Not even a baby. We have to actively chose to do good and follow god because we are now genetically flawed thanks to Adams choice.  So all the sin in the world is ultimately mans responsibility and fault. To consider god in who he is or anything about him is an act of faith. We have to chose to believe in the unseen and take him at his word or nothing. simply live our own created world order with our own chosen values and our own chosen outcomes. That ultimately results in spiritual and physical death.

There is no man generated logic that allows for the existence of god because outside of salvation there is no incentive to acknowledge god at all. Because that was the choice we have from adam. Unless you can accept a need for god or a desire to know him then there is no hope of relationship. God leaves the initiative to us to seek him unless you experience the impact of his spirit to connect then that that's it.

My experience was that god pursued me and I experienced conversion. Now I read mike parsons teaching on how to connect to god in a different way through tongues and other formats that complement my autistic nature. Worldly thinking and values are not designed to be autistic friendly. Knowing god inside of me helps me to find completeness security and hope. These values I have not detected in worldly systems or philosophies  or religions. Ultimately in god you earn or thrive for nothing. you just receive grace. unearned or merited favour and more relationship with God.

Religions give you a format of believe and a practice with other people they dont provide a solution to the fallen human condition. you need an active relationship to deal with that one. Hope this helps this is my picture of the answer to your of whether you should believe. The why is up to you. everyone needs to see god for themselves. Answer the question yourself.

Children