The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • There are two verses in the bible that always make me laugh when I think about what it means to be a Christian on the spectrum. They are:

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. (Because of the whole 'other planet' feeling, this one could have been written for Aspies)!

1 Corinthians 9:22 I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. (This reminds me of how we mirror other people to fit in).

Of course they are both verses out of context but they still make me smile.

I am a theology student and for one of my essays I would really like to explore how churches could better support us. I wonder if anybody on here might be interested in answering some questions, and if there might be a way I could distribute them that wouldn't break the community rules? It wouldn't be until the New Year so plenty of time to figure it out :)

• There are two verses in the bible that always make me laugh when I think about what it means to be a Christian on the spectrum. They are:

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. (Because of the whole 'other planet' feeling, this one could have been written for Aspies)!

1 Corinthians 9:22 I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. (This reminds me of how we mirror other people to fit in).

Of course they are both verses out of context but they still make me smile.

I am a theology student and for one of my essays I would really like to explore how churches could better support us. I wonder if anybody on here might be interested in answering some questions, and if there might be a way I could distribute them that wouldn't break the community rules? It wouldn't be until the New Year so plenty of time to figure it out :)

Children
  • Being an Irish traditional Catholic who returned to my faith 15 years ago, despite being raised in Vatican II and who now attends the Mass in Latin, I came to realise during Covid that so much has changed for our world, as I support the Irish truth and patriot movement, I honestly believe that the only way out of our current situation is to return to our faith and to have some connection to the divine and the eternal - my gran on my Dad’s side was raised Protestant in Dublin and knew her Bible, but became a fervent Catholic to marry my Wicklow Catholic Grandad who was in the Legion of Mary, my Mum was raised with the Catholic Nuns as I was in my early years, so I do pray to some Saints and do various Novenas to them, praying the Rosary daily 

• I’ve been to several churches, mostly quakers and the first church of Christ scientist. Both are autistic friendly I would say. I’d be happy to answer questions.