The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • Practicing Christian myself; was raised in the Church. I can get very anxious in services at times - the whole 'sin' thing can be quite upsetting. It doesn't help that my vicar's sermons can be very long and rambling.

• As autistics we are probably better at recognising sin than neurotypicals, as for us it is black and white, therefore we are less likely to justify our actions with some absurdly incorrect argument. Hence, the Autistic Christian could be seen as a purer Christian if you follow my arguement.

As someone who’s father is a retired vicar I can sympathise about the rambling sermon. Why is it that after about ten to fifteen minutes they have made some great points and it would make a great sermon if only they would stop there. So often though they continue it and ruin it by then waffling on.

• As autistics we are probably better at recognising sin than neurotypicals, as for us it is black and white, therefore we are less likely to justify our actions with some absurdly incorrect argument. Hence, the Autistic Christian could be seen as a purer Christian if you follow my arguement.

As someone who’s father is a retired vicar I can sympathise about the rambling sermon. Why is it that after about ten to fifteen minutes they have made some great points and it would make a great sermon if only they would stop there. So often though they continue it and ruin it by then waffling on.

Children
No Data