The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • Being raised a Vatican II Catholic, about 15 years ago, I returned to my faith as a traditional Catholic (Mass in Latin) just like my grandparents did before 1962 - my Mum used to visit friends in a Convent (as I grew up in Rural Ireland, before moving to Manchester in 2002) and when the Nuns recited the Divine Office in Latin in the Chapel we all went along and it was so beautiful to listen to - this sparked my interest over the years, as I’d always liked Gregorian Chant to start with, but I’d noticed on Irish webcam Masses during Covid how the priests were spiritually tired and worn out, which was never the case with the Latin Mass - my Dad’s former employers are Poor Clares (Enclosed) Nuns in Dublin and I’ve been friends with Sr Brigid and Sr Carmel for several years via text and email, always visiting them when I go home to Ireland - I’ve taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin as it’s a very powerful language for protection against satanic and demonic forces, which I do as part of my daily spiritual practice - we Irish were always tied to our Catholic faith as part of our cultural heritage until a few years ago, but since Covid, when people in Rural Ireland were not allowed to go to Mass, despite the lapses, people are now turning back to thier faith in huge numbers and Mass attendance numbers are increasing, especially at the Latin Masses - traditional religious orders of Nuns and Priests are coming back to Ireland as well and it’s wonderful to see - my Grandfather on my Dad’s side was in the Legion of Mary for years and there is a Rosary Group in my home parish in Ireland - I’ve got a few C of E friends here too 

• Being raised a Vatican II Catholic, about 15 years ago, I returned to my faith as a traditional Catholic (Mass in Latin) just like my grandparents did before 1962 - my Mum used to visit friends in a Convent (as I grew up in Rural Ireland, before moving to Manchester in 2002) and when the Nuns recited the Divine Office in Latin in the Chapel we all went along and it was so beautiful to listen to - this sparked my interest over the years, as I’d always liked Gregorian Chant to start with, but I’d noticed on Irish webcam Masses during Covid how the priests were spiritually tired and worn out, which was never the case with the Latin Mass - my Dad’s former employers are Poor Clares (Enclosed) Nuns in Dublin and I’ve been friends with Sr Brigid and Sr Carmel for several years via text and email, always visiting them when I go home to Ireland - I’ve taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin as it’s a very powerful language for protection against satanic and demonic forces, which I do as part of my daily spiritual practice - we Irish were always tied to our Catholic faith as part of our cultural heritage until a few years ago, but since Covid, when people in Rural Ireland were not allowed to go to Mass, despite the lapses, people are now turning back to thier faith in huge numbers and Mass attendance numbers are increasing, especially at the Latin Masses - traditional religious orders of Nuns and Priests are coming back to Ireland as well and it’s wonderful to see - my Grandfather on my Dad’s side was in the Legion of Mary for years and there is a Rosary Group in my home parish in Ireland - I’ve got a few C of E friends here too 

Children
No Data