The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • Our church has a couple of people with autism and now I have been diagnosed when we told some of them they were not suprised that I have autism . I feel God gives us a unique insight .

• in a history we were either priests, or burnt as witches, and I mean during the dark ages in europe, Middle Ages,

behaviour of inquisitors looks very much like what Hans Asperger did during WWII, and i can imagine it possible and going exactly like that, because of various build in compulsions and inhibitions we have from birth, e.g. the need to follow orders to the letter, reluctance to lie.

• in a history we were either priests, or burnt as witches, and I mean during the dark ages in europe, Middle Ages,

behaviour of inquisitors looks very much like what Hans Asperger did during WWII, and i can imagine it possible and going exactly like that, because of various build in compulsions and inhibitions we have from birth, e.g. the need to follow orders to the letter, reluctance to lie.

Children
  • For me Jesus died for everyone including myself in order that I may be set free from sin and death and gain eternal life. The question is do we think that differently from people who are not on the autistic spectrum with regard to spiritual things only that I know what I believe is what I truly believe