Hobbies

Parents
  • handicrafts and geocaching here

What language(s) do you learn? I wouldn't call it a hobby, I just do it because there's a need but it's actually quite good fun that way. Vi kan snakke litt norsk hvis du liker det!? 

• How funny, du kannst natürlich auch gerne auf Deutsch schreiben ;-)

And I'm learning Norwegian too - perhaps not exactly a language you need as a tourist, given that there are only a bit over 5 million people speaking it and most of them also speak English really well, but I live here now, so that makes it kind of important. 

I like making things nobody really needs - cards, wood stuff, vases from broken lab glassware, amigurumis and other crochet/knitting, funny geocache containers... If you have thought about trying geocaching then you should simply give it a go! Start with something easy, and somewhere quiet because it will take you a while to find even quite easy ones in the beginning and you start feeling suspicious pretty quickly when there are people walking past all the time. It's great fun and a hobby that probably attracts a higher percentage of people with Aspie traits than there are in the general population. Until I tried it I thought I don't like any trainspotting sort of thing - well, changed my mind about that. I find it a great way of exploring interesting areas I would not find otherwise and to have a purpose when going out on my own (which I would otherwise do a lot less).   

• Do you have an iPhone? If so c:geo is not available to you. I have an iPhone and I use cachly. I really like it.

• Well, suppose it's quite good - Deutsch ist meine Muttersprache :) 

Norway is good so far, people don't usually ask how you are as a way of saying hello (and nothing else). They may ask it, but it's a question and you are allowed to give an answer. Maybe that's not the most important thing in the world, but it makes me feel a little more relaxed.

I don't use an app for geocaching (have got a GPS thingy) but I know others who do and the one they use is for free. It's called c:geo.

Reply Children