Neighbours, experiences and general chat

I'm letting off steam by talking about my neighbours.  Others are welcome to join with their problems/experiencesHugging

I know some of us have big problems dealing with our neighbours. There is a recent thread about serious harassment.

I and my family have always had problems with our neighbours.  Often it's our fault, sometimes it's the eccentric/nutty neighbours with their peculiar habits.  An additional problem was language.  Both my parents were WWIi refugees from eastern Europe, and they never learnt to speak adequate English.  Much of their behaviour was trying to disguise that fact because they were secretly ashamed of it.

At present I live in a first floor flat and I get the feeling my neighbours are shunning me.  No surprise.  I'm anti social, I talk to myself and take photographs from my windows of the local wildlife.

Previously I lived with my parents in house with a large garden. And They had more mental health issues than me.  On that Street we were shunned by the normal residents Relieved

One neighbour who I never spoke with used to hide as I walked past.  At that time I was either studying or working away from home and came home once a week or two weeks.  As I walked past his house,  I noticed a quick swift movement as he hid behind a tree or went round the side of his house.  I finally found out the reason for this on the day of his funeral!!!!

Another neighbour who I will call Mrs K was an eccentric,. Spoke my mother's language and at one time used to visit us up to 4 times a day.  On her way to church, on her way home.  On her way to the shops, on her way home.  She was always stressed out, in a bad mood and depressing.  Short conversations were complaining about her next door neighbour (FOR TWENTY YEARS) what time he comes in at night, knocking nails, moving furniture, his drunken tenants, his gardening, him sitting outside his house enjoying the sunshine.  My mother joked, " if he farts in his own house, she will come round here and complain about it".  Other news she always have us from her daily church visits.  Were, who's died and when's the funeral.

I avoided her as much as possible.  Eventually she fell out with my mother over trivia and didn't visit or speak to her again for ten years, until they both past away in the same month.

Then we had a Mrs M.  Very different from Mrs K.  This woman became a pest.  Started of very well.  She was very sociable and smiling and first time I spoke to her she told me. 'your family is not very popular on this street' that was an understatement.

Physically she was very healthy.  But mentally unstable,. She started coming round every day and complaining that people wouldn't talk to her, were shunning her etc.  Whenever I was doing something in the garden or external house maintenance, she came round with a big smile, round face, hypnotic voice and very very strong eye contact .  And started a conversation that just wouldn't end.  Often about families, their health, holidays, relationships, who married to who, have they brothers and sisters, children, school. Work, etc etc etc.  And this repetitive conversation would go on for well over an hour and then she came round a day or two later and repeated the whole boring conversation all over again and again and again.

No wonder people were avoiding her.  Mrs K used to cross the road whenever she saw her in the distance.

When I moved out into a flat, she just kept on phoning me in a bad temper with the same conversation and always complaining that I don't phone her often enough.  Until I changed my phone number.

End of rant for now.  Need breakfast.

Parents
  • Robert124 said:
    One neighbour who I never spoke with used to hide as I walked past. At that time I was either studying or working away from home and came home once a week or two weeks. As I walked past his house, I noticed a quick swift movement as he hid behind a tree or went round the side of his house. I finally found out the reason for this on the day of his funeral!!!!

Good Evening from DC / 'Oh No it is DC again!' (Please delete where applicable.)

I offer two matters, concerning that which I quoted, there:

1 - What was the reason? Or, if you do not want to elaborate, then I understand, and so please ignore this.
    2 - ... I regret (sort of) to admit that I do this myself, because I am a very nervous sort, yet *always* whenever I see a CHILD. I am seen as a valid target for stone-throwing, and it is even worse if they find out where I live...

• This is embarrassing and I need to give you some background information.

My father was Polish and this neighbour was Ukrainian.  These countries are neighbours.  And on our street the houses are lower than the public pavement.

On the day in question I noticed a couple of black limousines outside the house and people helping a frail old lady into one of the cars.  So I guessed that it was her husband's funeral.

I mentioned for the first time to my mother the way this man kept hiding from me whenever I walked past.

She immediately responded, that's because your father sings to him as he walks past his house.

I asked, sings what?

And,... This rhymes in Polish better than English.

"I'm up here, you're down there. I have your Ukraine up my B#**&Y  A#*e".

A couple of weeks later I came across his widow in her garden and I apologised to her.

• (I am still online, yet thinking of running away, while Thanking You for replying to a matter which I said that "you do not have to elaborate" about...)

Reading your reply, good Sir... all I can say is... "YIKES." 

I hope that you were and are "alright" after that. With regards to all else, as I said - upon another Thread!!! - "live chat" is so unpredictable that I cannot handle it! You are teaching me the best lessons, and I am grateful, I think, yet, yet still.all I can think of is ... "YIKES!" ... and I may step.off from this Thread, now ( but I still hide from people. I am sorry, but I cannot really help it (see part 2 of my previous post.)...

• Disallowed Cynosure, you’re doing great with the chat and as Deepthought said, it gets easier and less stressful with more and more practice. I hope you keep practicing. 

I also hide from people as well sometimes - sometimes it’s just too much to deal with people. 

I’m very sorry that people think it’s ok to throw stones at other people. I think it’s a sign that we are not educating our young in the things that matter. This kind of behaviour has been going on for a long time and I have noticed that primary schools are now teaching kids about respect and kindness etc and I hold the vision of a world where we are all kind to each other. 

• Thanks Muchly, Mister DeepThought... all I can say is... it is a digression and a good thing that a (confusing to myself) sub-topic of the Title of this Thread is "General Chat"?
    I myself would prefer this sort of thing upon either the NAS Suggestions Site or the Autism +NAS Thread which I began...
    But also...
    It is now <> 02.30 hours upon a Tuesday morning, and so I must sign off, now.
    But also...
    NAS is UPDATING tomorrow! So I may stay away from this whole thing for a whole another bit of a whole time! Fair Play to yourself and to all who read.

• Disallowed Cynosure, said:

Um, signing off, maybe, as I post this, yet thank you for saying this, yet I already knew it myself!  So my "live chat" is perhaps at your good self now, instead?

You do appear to be getting the hang of it seems, it took me a while to begin with, and here we are ~ with me still learning away too.

Disallowed Cynosure, said:

"I left the "grammatical errors" because I was supposedly still "live chatting", yet as I said upon the "offending people" Thread, I did not know what would happen during my attempting "live chat" and so your responding rather than Mister Robert123 is an example of "live chat"'s unpredictability and... well, why I avoid it, I suppose..."

I used get overwhelmed with it myself, and in fact still do from time to time, yet as the confidence and ability grows ~ the lack of it goes. Maybe in time you will be passing on to others how this site works to others ~ all big and "live~chatty" and all that.

Disambiguating Cynosure said:

Thank you anyway.

No problems, considering that someone else who has not gained the knowledge or confidence to post will find it useful, perhaps.

• Um, signing off, maybe, as I post this, yet thank you for saying this, yet I already knew it myself!  So my "live chat" is perhaps at your good self now, instead?

I left the "grammatical errors" because I was supposedly still "live chatting", yet as I said upon the "offending people" Thread, I did not know what would happen during my attempting "live chat" and so your responding rather than Mister Robert123 is an example of "live chat"'s unpredictability and... well, why I avoid it, I suppose...

Thank you anyway.

• Um, signing off, maybe, as I post this, yet thank you for saying this, yet I already knew it myself!  So my "live chat" is perhaps at your good self now, instead?

I left the "grammatical errors" because I was supposedly still "live chatting", yet as I said upon the "offending people" Thread, I did not know what would happen during my attempting "live chat" and so your responding rather than Mister Robert123 is an example of "live chat"'s unpredictability and... well, why I avoid it, I suppose...

Thank you anyway.

Children
  • Disallowed Cynosure, you’re doing great with the chat and as Deepthought said, it gets easier and less stressful with more and more practice. I hope you keep practicing. 

I also hide from people as well sometimes - sometimes it’s just too much to deal with people. 

I’m very sorry that people think it’s ok to throw stones at other people. I think it’s a sign that we are not educating our young in the things that matter. This kind of behaviour has been going on for a long time and I have noticed that primary schools are now teaching kids about respect and kindness etc and I hold the vision of a world where we are all kind to each other. 

• Thanks Muchly, Mister DeepThought... all I can say is... it is a digression and a good thing that a (confusing to myself) sub-topic of the Title of this Thread is "General Chat"?
    I myself would prefer this sort of thing upon either the NAS Suggestions Site or the Autism +NAS Thread which I began...
    But also...
    It is now <> 02.30 hours upon a Tuesday morning, and so I must sign off, now.
    But also...
    NAS is UPDATING tomorrow! So I may stay away from this whole thing for a whole another bit of a whole time! Fair Play to yourself and to all who read.

• Disallowed Cynosure, said:

Um, signing off, maybe, as I post this, yet thank you for saying this, yet I already knew it myself!  So my "live chat" is perhaps at your good self now, instead?

You do appear to be getting the hang of it seems, it took me a while to begin with, and here we are ~ with me still learning away too.

Disallowed Cynosure, said:

"I left the "grammatical errors" because I was supposedly still "live chatting", yet as I said upon the "offending people" Thread, I did not know what would happen during my attempting "live chat" and so your responding rather than Mister Robert123 is an example of "live chat"'s unpredictability and... well, why I avoid it, I suppose..."

I used get overwhelmed with it myself, and in fact still do from time to time, yet as the confidence and ability grows ~ the lack of it goes. Maybe in time you will be passing on to others how this site works to others ~ all big and "live~chatty" and all that.

Disambiguating Cynosure said:

Thank you anyway.

No problems, considering that someone else who has not gained the knowledge or confidence to post will find it useful, perhaps.