General chat guide

Hi,

Welcome to the General chat topic area of the forum.

This is where you can chat about anything that doesn't fit within the other topics in the forum. Maybe you want to share how you are today, catch up with friends you've made in the Community or talk about what you read in the paper this morning.

Use this link to start a new discussions -

We’ll also use this topic for updates on how the Community is developing and news from the NAS.

If you have any suggestions for improving the Community or you find anything that seems to be broken, please let us know in Problems and suggestions topic. We welcome all feedback and it’s really helpful as we continue to develop our services.

If you are having any issues using the Community please take a look at our help pages and see if they resolve your problems. If they don’t then please feel free to contact us and we’ll help support you using the Community.
Parents
  • I often see here that when I reply or post something other people often ignore what I have said.

I often see here how other people can join conversations but I am left out.

I do not fit in.

• I often see here that when I reply or post something other people often ignore what I have said.

Greetings to California... I may regret saying this, yet have noticed it for some time, and so shall attempt this Post, here.

I have noticed that you at times reply to *old* Threads, sometimes just a few months, maybe even a Year or more...? I might not be correct.

My own opinion is that this is not always a good idea, since the Starter of the Thread may not be reading anymore, even though their "Account" (UserName and Identity) is still present. This may be reason for a lot of "being ignored" in such cases...? (I might appreciate others' opinions about this aspect also.)

The thing to do is to start a New "Thread"... and you may also try to add some unique perspective or word to it. (Not just titled "Hi" or "Confused" or "Diagnosis" or common single words like that...!)

Greetings to California... I may regret saying this, yet have noticed it for some time, and so shall attempt this Post, here.

I have noticed that you at times reply to *old* Threads, sometimes just a few months, maybe even a Year or more...? I might not be correct.

My own opinion is that this is not always a good idea, since the Starter of the Thread may not be reading anymore, even though their "Account" (UserName and Identity) is still present. This may be reason for a lot of "being ignored" in such cases...? (I might appreciate others' opinions about this aspect also.)

The thing to do is to start a New "Thread"... and you may also try to add some unique perspective or word to it. (Not just titled "Hi" or "Confused" or "Diagnosis" or common single words like that...!)

Children
  • Hi DC and California, I start a new Thread only when I feel I have something important I want to share, sometimes it is something that is troubling me, other times it is because something I found might be useful to others,

other than that I follow others who are better at doing such things.

I often click on the up arrow if I like the reply or just feel I identify with what has been said,

Try starting a new thread, it might get responces it might not?

I posted a thread a while ago and it got one reply, it was a bit sad as I expected more replies, it was an attempt to enlighten others to a specific difficulty often misdiagnosed. 

Dc thank you for your support. 

And california you often contribute to threads I follow,you add to the overall discussion and that is good from what I see,

X()x

• I agree with Disallowed Cynosure, whenever you feel ready we'll all still be here. I'll look out for your thread for whenever you feel like posting one. You don't have to, of course, but if you do   :)   

• FYI - I am not good at "chat", however, but as you Post this...

This could go on all night, so-to-speak, but I am not that hardy...

Believe it or not, I feel the same way, as you said there, most times... yet when I feel strongly or am threatened (!), then... well, I can only act differently. I myself prefer to follow and support/improve, rather than begin...

When I first arrived, I replied much, and that built up my confidence. Then I said something and was nearly "Thrown off" this Forum as a Result...! What I then did, in anxiety, was begin my first ever Thread here. If you are interested, I may post links to it... it was "An Apology" yet not the title. (Oktanol knows about it ! :-) )

When you feel the courage, and feel strongly enough about something, then start a new Thread. I really cannot say much more than that. Thank You for the conversation of sorts, here, certainly.

(Someone else support what I say, please - !!!    :-/     )

• I do not like to be in the spotlight.

I prefer to stay in the background.

• I do not like to start new threads. I do not know why

...Excuse me, yet that was quick - I was busy someplace else...

Yet what I quote there, would make an excellent Title for a Thread...! Perhaps you are afraid of UNLIKES...? (I know about those, for certain...) Yet, one time, muster up the courage, start a new Thread with that kind of Title/Question.... and you may gain insights as to "Why"!

:-)

• "I do not know why!" sounds like a pretty good thread name to me! There's a TON of things I don't know and don't know why. It would be a much bigger list, in fact, than the things I do know. 

• For some reason I do not like to start new threads. I do not know why!