urticaria, autism, anxiety, alexithymia

Hi,

Sorry for the word salad title. Does anyone else suffer from urticaria (hives, rashes) that have no known cause?

Apparently people with the 3 As tend to suffer with skin issues that have no apparent physical cause.

I'm seeing a dermatologist that can't figure out why I'm having so many issues. I've had allergy tests and have taken various antihistamines that have had zero effect. It's not autoimmune, although I have vitiligo which can be exacerbated by stress.

I've told them that I think it's stress related but they don't seem interested.

Apparently there was a paper written a few years ago that shows that there is a connection but didn't come up with a treatment.

Parents
  • Anything that irritates my skin, including strong sunlight, results in localised urticaria. If the irritation is widespread so is the urticaria.  I am autistic and have GAD. 

• Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what do you take for GAD. SSRI and SNRI do nothing for me, I asked about prebablin but I was told that I have the wrong sort of depression for that (what ever that means).

• The only thing I have ever taken for any non-physical ailment was Sertraline for mild depression and it triggered daily migraines, so I stopped taking it. I just cope with the anxiety, try not to get into anxiety-inducing situations, if possible. I come from a family of stoics.

• The only thing I have ever taken for any non-physical ailment was Sertraline for mild depression and it triggered daily migraines, so I stopped taking it. I just cope with the anxiety, try not to get into anxiety-inducing situations, if possible. I come from a family of stoics.

Children