Ear Defenders

I have tried the discreet little ear bud ear defenders, but felt uncomfortable. I have also tried music headphones and chunky ear defenders. I am trying to decide what my best option is. I saw the headband ones and I am in two minds as some look aimed at females and others may just make me look like Rambo. Sometimes I don't mind drawing attention to me being Autistic and other times I feel scared to. But, I do like chunky headphones also maybe a male not rambo looking headband would be discreet. I am very undecided and would love both thoughts and ideas of good places to get ear defenders.   

Parents
  • It took me around 8 months to finally try ear defenders. I too felt like I would be drawing attention to myself if I wore them. I tried the inner ear ones and didn’t like the feel of them and couldn’t get them to stay in my ear. I found the music over the head earphones too big for my head. I had Samsung wireless headphones which I liked as they sat in my ear rather than deep inside but I just could still hear everything else around me. 
    Eventually I gave in and tried ear defenders and I have never smiled so fast in my life. Until that moment I don’t think I have ever felt calm before in my life. I felt calm like never before. My nervous system wasn’t agitated. From that moment on, I have never looked back. 
    I just didn’t care what I looked like or what people thought of me. I just knew they had transformed my life. I personally love music and podcasts so I always wear my Samsung wireless headphones and then I put my ear defenders on top. It’s the best of both worlds! 
    My ear defenders are yellow - I just got them off Amazon. No one ever looks at me when I am out and about. No one batters an eyelid and for the most part I think people just think they are yellow headphones. Giving in and wearing ear defenders was one of the best decisions I ever made! 

• It took me around 8 months to finally try ear defenders. I too felt like I would be drawing attention to myself if I wore them. I tried the inner ear ones and didn’t like the feel of them and couldn’t get them to stay in my ear. I found the music over the head earphones too big for my head. I had Samsung wireless headphones which I liked as they sat in my ear rather than deep inside but I just could still hear everything else around me. 
    Eventually I gave in and tried ear defenders and I have never smiled so fast in my life. Until that moment I don’t think I have ever felt calm before in my life. I felt calm like never before. My nervous system wasn’t agitated. From that moment on, I have never looked back. 
    I just didn’t care what I looked like or what people thought of me. I just knew they had transformed my life. I personally love music and podcasts so I always wear my Samsung wireless headphones and then I put my ear defenders on top. It’s the best of both worlds! 
    My ear defenders are yellow - I just got them off Amazon. No one ever looks at me when I am out and about. No one batters an eyelid and for the most part I think people just think they are yellow headphones. Giving in and wearing ear defenders was one of the best decisions I ever made! 

Children