Ear Defenders

I have tried the discreet little ear bud ear defenders, but felt uncomfortable. I have also tried music headphones and chunky ear defenders. I am trying to decide what my best option is. I saw the headband ones and I am in two minds as some look aimed at females and others may just make me look like Rambo. Sometimes I don't mind drawing attention to me being Autistic and other times I feel scared to. But, I do like chunky headphones also maybe a male not rambo looking headband would be discreet. I am very undecided and would love both thoughts and ideas of good places to get ear defenders.   

Parents
  • I have tried the discreet little ear bud ear defenders, but felt uncomfortable.

Can you describe in more detail how they make you feel uncomfortable please? This will help us suggest modifications to make them better or to focus on other forms of ear protection.

• I have tried the discreet little ear bud ear defenders, but felt uncomfortable.

Can you describe in more detail how they make you feel uncomfortable please? This will help us suggest modifications to make them better or to focus on other forms of ear protection.

Children
  • I know that for me (and maybe I just have weirdly shaped ear canals) my 'flare' ones slip out a fair bit over several minutes and I have to keep poking them back in, forcing me to momentarily look like someone who enjoys sticking his finger in there. 

I hadn't used mine in a while but last night they were retrieved as I had to go unavoidably to a family anniversary do/disco thingy. I needed at least the edge taken off the inevitably way-too-loud music, and there was something like a 10% benefit for sure. But the slippage began quite soon into the evening. Only my dad asked 'what's that in your ear?' I've told him on other similar occasions, so I'm not sure whether he's genuinely forgetting or subtly expressing disapproval of the 'solution' being at least a little visible. Anyway. yes, if slippage could be lessened somehow that would be great. My ears were also a little sore/sensitive after from where the contact with plastic was greatest but overall the hassle to 'this helps a bit' ratio is probably a good overall trade-off!